Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 am

Post subject: Tank-sin
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:07 am 

Hey all. im bored of looking at the traditional tanks, so i wanna make a different one. 20%inherent DR just looks SOOO good to me, and paired with a Shaftstop, and a pile of MDR PDR, i think she should be pretty good.

problem is, i'm not sure whether to roll two claws, or a wep+shield. i remember playing a ww-sin on vanilla who had fade, and she was able to block elemental damage with claw block, i think. is this still the case? if so, then this makes the decision easy.

also, does claw mastery affect kicks, if i have two claws equipped?

skin and bones looks like this:

20 dragon talon (sin-zeal)
20 fade (tank win)
20 claw block
20 claw mastery
1pt blade shield

gear:

well crap, i havent got a clue.

input?

thanks
*antz

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Tank-sin
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:26 pm 
Game Server Host

dont worry about claw mastery, you only need it if you are gonna use chargeups. All damage comes from the boots and str/dex so claws are not so important.

Think about using a holy crafted weapon in the off hand and a claw with chance to cast amp damage in the main hand. mods from weapons like lifesteal etc do apply to kicks so you might wanna load up your main hand claw with skulls and off hand claw with ko runes to boost dex (adds damage and attack rating ftw).

Claw block works against spells too yes but it has no effect while moving, only when attacking or standing still (bad design since sins are supposed to be about moving around)
I wouldnt max claw block either, it has pretty bad deminishing returns. If it is your first char then maybe put 4-5 into it to help you more early game. + skills will buff it more than enough.
Death sentry will help you a ton with clearing trash mobs, I like to max it for huge range but thats up to you.

Maybe think about maxing shadow master to help you tank and take the heat off. Perhaps cloak of shadows for the huge def bonus, or dragon tail and tiger strike.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:01 am 

thanks for the response. death sentry sounds pretty good on paper, im just thinking how i would have trouble casting it if im in 'leech to live' mode, but its definetly something i'll end up using.

as for weapon suggestions, would the holy craft not function better in my on-hand? afaik the magic damage it add will act like grief did in vanilla, and add that damage, before ed% mods to the kicks. of course im probably wrong.

also, im curious as to where the kicks will draw IAS from? can anyone point me to the kick breakpoints for DTalon? i couldnt find them on blue.arimyth...

as for gear, seems to be shaping up like this (at least in theory):

kira's for the skills, life, sockets for diamonds, resists and fhr
atmas for the ctc amp
holy craft claw
??? claw
Shaftstop for more DR
Holy craft gloves for blessed aim, and ed to demons
verdungos DR and life
ravenfrost
natures peace
death craft boots? im not sure how the ed would affect kicks

still not totally sure on skills outside of:
20 DTalon
20 Fade
1 Blade Shield

thoughts? thanks in advance

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:35 am 

i would choose silk of victors over shaft if you are using unique claws as most add fhr. +1 skill and mana leech, or another choice would be corpsemourn, 10%dr still plus +1 skill and ce oskill so you dont have to get death sentry.
would be hard to use death sentry/ce with natures piece on unless others kill first
if you want your bshield to leech more, add more blade shield for it to do more damage.

Offline Profile