Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

Post subject: Charge Paladin - can it work?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:39 am 

Hi there

I read a lot of bugs with charge for a paladin, so i dont know if its worth the time building one. I think of following skills:

might
charge
vigor
holy shield

For the aura, i dont know. Any suggestions? There is fana, but it mostly good for ias, so dunno.

could it work charging around? Its not for solo playing. It is meant for great phys dmg in party against super uniques, bosses and that.

One love

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Charge Paladin - can it work?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:31 am 

Charger paladins are incredibly fun and powerful. I had a 2-handed charger last ladder, and it was great, although fragile without lifebuffs (-> partying with Druids and Barbarians is preferred). Diamonds in your armor/helm will be your friend, especially if you are going with 2-handed weapons.
The great thing about Chargers is that you can use any aura you want. The damage auras don't give such a significant boost to your damage, so you can live without them. I used conviction as my main aura to help elemental casters, but it's up to you. I can imagine a Prayer/Medi stacked healing charger to be very effective too. Or Salvation.. you have lots of options. :) I put 1 pt into every aura so that I could adapt to my party.

Here is a good read about chargers. Most of it applies for HU too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:57 am 

Great. I have thought of two-handed too! But like you said, he needs lifebuff or great defense.

Can you explain to me how prayer/medi works? Do you use the prayer aura and have medi as synergy? Or the other way around? and how powerful is it really? dont u have to mix it with holy bolt to be able to heal properly?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:39 am 

Defense won't do much because you will be running around, and while running, creatures have 100% chance to hit you.

Cleansing and Meditation benefits from Prayer. So the pulse healing Prayer gives you is given to Cleansing and Meditation. In addition, Meditation gets the poison and curse duration reduction from Cleansing too. You will want to use Meditation if you want to use a healing aura, or if you have an item that gives you Meditation on equip (Like Insight or starstone diamond craft amulets), Prayer.

Prayer's healing:
Level 1: 6 healing every 2 seconds
Level 10: 17
Level 20: 45
Level 25: 74
Level 30: 119
Level 40: 239

As you can see, it gets more and more healing the higher level it is, so amassing +skills is a wise thing to do. I am not sure though if you can get many +skills as a charger without sacrificing survivability.

Offline Profile