Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

Post subject: Converter
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:40 am 

I have an idea of summoner-converter paladin.
Here are my questions.

1)Do the converted monsters,teleport with you,when you teleport?
2)They dont have a life,they just got a duration.So can they be actual tanking targets on a boss?Boss can occupied himself with these converted mobs?
3)When i hit the mobs with the convertion skill(lets say 50% chance to convert) if i fail to convert it on the first hit i land,then the monster is un-covertable?Or i hit it until i convert it, or until it dies of the hits?
4)If i have ,lets say,about 15-20 converted monstrs. with me ,then the party will have big lags?
5)What monsters is possible to convert?Can i convert the survants of unick monsters?Seraphims?Maryliths?Bersekers?champions?

About the skills choices
20 to convert
20 to fanaticism(make stronger summons)
20 to prayer(when the converts are gone,to be usefull to party,i play hc)
then what?
Can i be a combined zealer-converter?or something like that?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Converter
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:17 am 

1) No, converts are not teleported with you.

2) Converts have life and can die, but monsters typically do about 1/100 of their life as damage, so converts rarely die. Bosses can kill them, and will spend time targeting them. Converts make excellent tanks. Converts do too little damage to be effective attackers.

3) The 50% is per attack, so if you swing 3 times, there would be a 12% chance of the monster not being converted. If you are having trouble converting, then it is probably lag causing the monster to not be where you think it is. Some monsters can not be converted.

4) Converts do not travel with you, it will be very hard to convert 15-20 on the same screen. Converts have similar AI to the "Ressurect on Kill" monsters (Revives). They will attack creatures that appear in their line of sight, so if you lure creatures near your converts, then you can slowly cause the converts to move across the map.

5) Trash monsters are usually convertable. Boss-flagged monsters like those mentioned will not convert. In general, if the creature is challenging, then you can not convert it. Minions of unique monsters can be converted.

Skill Choices:
1) 20 Convert is not valuable unless you have no other skills worth maxing. Convert improves by less and less with more levels. Consider 5 Convert.
2) 20 Fanatacism will not increase the number of attacks per second for converts. This is still a good choice if you plan to be a Zealer while not converting.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Converter
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:07 pm 

Thank you for your good response,Brevan.

Offline Profile