Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:44 pm

Post subject: Equipping a druid to defeat Duriel.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:11 pm 

Hey guys. I'm stuck on Duriel, normal with a fury druid.

Current skill list..

13 Fury, 5 Lyca, 1 Were, 6 Oak.

Trying to decide an equipment setup to get past him. Just don't seem to be leaching enough damage...

All I've really decided so far is..

Cathans Ring's X2,
Amp wand,
Maybe death glove/sash?
CB boots?

Anyone got any good ideas? Seems like I'm lacking the damage necessary to attain a high leech. Can get him to about 60% life before I run out of pots, so I think I need to up my damage.

Currently just rocking out Civerbs weapon. Maybe I should craft a maul or something?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Equipping a druid to defeat Duriel.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:15 pm 

what is your level?
solo version or multiplayer?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:17 pm 

Solo, 30.

Considering farming gold/levels till 33 and gambling up a bonesnap..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:55 pm 

Farm death knight, get a wormskull. Fill your cube with rejuvs, and drop it on the floor. Farm those better healing potions, too. Death gloves and sash are like, mandatory. Fight him against a wall so you don't get knockbacked / leapd. Weapon could be that flail with the shield.. was it civerb? tandoliga perhaps? Sure, death maul could possibly work, assuming that you can make it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:59 pm 

Gambling Sigon's Great Helm and Greaves should be a good way of getting Attack Rating (yours might be low), 10% LLeach, and 40% cold res. You could then socket the hat with stuff. I think +Dmg jewels would be best.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:38 am 

You shouldn't be having any trouble with Duriel. I'd spend all my excess gold trying to gamble a Tancred's halberd, as your weapon is pretty pathetic for a melee druid. You'll want to prioritize speed over most everything on your weapon(it must be on weapon IAS, aka WIAS). Also, stop pumping fury and work on your life buff skills for now(lycan/oak). Don't forget to 1pt maul if you haven't already.

Socket that halberd with at least one amethyst, 55% IAS will put you at 5fpa fury(I'd throw a skull in the other socket personally, for ML). As for the source of early amp, a 5% CTC lv5 amp weapon on switch is really your only option early on(you can't use curses in SS form). I'd either shop a blue CTC amp scythe(and throw a couple amethyst in it) or start IDing any rare fast base speed weapon. You probably won't even need amp for him anyway if your gear is decent, though obviously it's going to make the fight much easier.

Deaths combo, 2x cathans rings, and Tancred's halberd is all you really need. You should be able to leech just fine even without amp. If you're going to craft anything, I'd shoot for a blood crafted helm first and foremost(automods include 2-4%ll, 10-20%DS, and some life). Early sources of deadly strike are pretty tough to get on a druid. Maybe try to fit in clegclaws gloves(33% DS) if you don't really need the LL and resist bonus from death combo. Uhh, I think that's about it, probably rambling now.

tbdcmike wrote:
Solo, 30.
Considering farming gold/levels till 33 and gambling up a bonesnap..

Bad idea. Not only is gambling uniques generally a waste of money early on, but bonesnap will be terribly slow on a melee druid. I'd google about the mechanics of fury and read up on 'em if you're unfamiliar.

Oxygen wrote:
Farm death knight, get a wormskull.

Your advice is pretty spot on, but a wormskull, really? That helm is pretty much worthless. I'd shoot for duskdeep or even a coif of glory over that(ideally a blood helm, but that's a tough cookie in A2 norm). Also, farming DK isn't really a viable option for an untwinked melee druid.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:38 pm 

I actually used to have a hardcore druid on armyith a while back.. level 76ish when it died I think.

I was going to get a bonesnap because if memory serves me right, my fury druid really became a beast once he started finding unique mauls like the Blood Tree Stump.

I've played D2 pretty much since it came out, and ill admit, ive never really paid attention to break speed points and what not. I've of course always stacked IAS on zons and melee builds, but never focused on break points and such. I understand what they are, but not really how to calculate them for each character type

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:50 pm 
Game Server Host

The problem with shapeshifters is they only gain speed from ias on the weapon. Since bonesnap has no ias and is a slow ass maul you would be attacking far to slowly to make a dent in enemys and not leech life back fast enough

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:02 pm 

Makes sense... Weapon IAS still affects Fury speed though?

IE: a 60% IAS maul will hit faster with Fury than a 0%?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:18 pm 
Game Server Host

pretty much the only ias that will affect any shapeshift skill is weapon ias. if you have no ias on the weapon you will attack at a seriously slow speed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm 

Duriel down. Tancred's is OP ;)

Offline Profile