Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

Post subject: Phoenix Sin help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:39 pm 

With this Phoenix Strike buff, I was thinking about making a phoenix sin. However, due to my lack of knowledge about assassins, I don't really know how to build it.
I want to have a nice balance between damage and survival, so I figure this would be the base:
20 Phoenix Strike
20 Fade
The main problem is that I don't know how to split the remaining points between the synergies, dragon claw and claw mastery.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Phoenix Sin help
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:42 pm 

i think this is really more of a preference, not a 'should' or 'shouldn't' do situation. since phoenix sins are pretty different due to the change, it's up to us to see which works best.

i'm trying maxed fire/phoenix (works great so far, meteor + firefist tears up wsk), working on maxing cold, and then fade. possibly light too? light seems to be pretty rad sometimes, though in Hu trying different elems can be spreading yourself too thin.

i've only put 1 pt claw mastery/dclaw so far; trying to get elem damage up as a priority. plus, the ele strikes add ar as you raise them.

max out light and then post back here on how badass and/or regretful it is :p

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:56 pm 

Hmm, I forgot that the charges add AR to your other attacks. I think I will max out (or go for 10-15 points at least in) all the elemental skills and Fade, and split the remaining points between 1-pointers and mastery/dclaw.

I will report back once I get around to doing it - till then, any kind of advice is appreciated. :)

Some questions:
Is there any point in using Shadow Warrior/Master with only 1 point in them? If not, I won't even bother with them. Same with Cloak of Shadows: is there any use for this spell? Crowd control is rarely needed here in HU (destroying them is so much better), so I would like to know if spending 2 of my precious skill points in CoS is useful or not.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:32 am 

Bump. So I've made phoenix sin, made w/o any problems to a5 nm - good team with trapper sin, healer din, hammerdin and cold ama (no lifebuffs yes). Fire consumed every boss so far but well - Maxed phoenix light/fire synergies and still have 13 points to spend. Any suggestions what to max next? wait till hell? AR is good as for nm - 13k with phoenix and jade talons, +120 ar charms helps. Shadow master or fade or 3rd synergy?
Quote:
Some questions:
Is there any point in using Shadow Warrior/Master with only 1 point in them
Yes, shadow master with 1 point so far can tank.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 am 

I would go for Fade because survival is the most important thing. The DR% is always nice, even if resists are hit by the diminishing returns.

Offline Profile