Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

Post subject: rabies?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:05 pm 

what is the final verdict on rabies with the changes? is it still effective? what kind of numbers are you looking at in hell with no skillers? should i bother with one for my source of psn dmg or do i go with a zon or a necro?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: rabies?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:31 am 

it doesn't feel too great. I'm thinking around 15-20k at the rate it seems to be going for me. + say about 10-12 soft points around lvl 70-80, maybe 30k... these are just guesstimations due to the rate my druid seems to be evolving. Not too bad not too good. Its really hard to tell if this will be viable in hell at all, since i know how hard hell is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:30 am 

It's fine. Was doing ~200k last ladder with no skillers or poison facets @ like level 85. Should still be great with +skills increased all throughout end-game caster gear.

Probably the least damaging out of the poison builds, but obviously has the advantage of the best party life buff and a sizable self life buff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:04 pm 

I made a Rabies druid for just norm at the end of last ladder. I used a 6 socket crystal sword with Tal (A1-A5) and then put Emeralds in it (A5). By now, most players shouldn't be having too much troubling cubing up to an X-Socket (5-sockets in sword) if you're having troubling defeating Shenk for the easy 6-Sockets. My char screen damage with +48%Dmg (6xTal) was about 70k around char level 55. I would have had a +3SShifting hat and ammy though, so expect slightly lower damage. The damage was so high it was a problem since creatures died too fast (0.5sec?) to infect their neighbors, but it should be fine in a 5-8ppl game. With 5 sockets (+40%Dmg) and without the +6Skills from Ammy and Hat, I'd guess you'd have about 30k on the char screen. The plain crystal sword was a bit slow as a bear, but fine as a wolf.

Don't forget to topaz-craft a belt.

Offline Profile