Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am

Post subject: Poison/phys immunes
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:33 pm 

I've been debating creating either a phys dmg character with amp damage (not sure what kind is good), or a poison necro.

According to monstats.txt, there are 3 ranges of poison immunity that cannot be broken by LR. 1000%, 200%, 150%, and 120% (110% and lower can be broken by 50%+ LR). Even 84% (lvl 50) LR won't break 120% pr.

The 1000 range are for world items.
The rest have a few non-applicable creature (sarcophagus, iron golem), but the total is about 23-24 mobs that are completely poison immune.

I just wanted to double check that fact. If there is a way to break immunity even further plz let me know. What would be the best way for a poison necro to deal with these mobs (barring somebody else killing them)?

As for physical immune, I have looked at the ResDm(H) column, and as far as I can tell, there's only 24 phys immune, and if amp damage is 100%, then only 6 mobs are strictly phys immune. This makes no sense as I've seen several people mention Moloch and Sszang. Can somebody explain? Also, is there anything besides amp dmg that can be used to break phys immune?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Poison/phys immunes
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:55 pm 

Amp starts at 25%, Monsters can have poison enchant(+50psn res) and other monumods giving them total res buffed. IIRC Stone skin monsters have +50 phys res also. Amps works 0.2x when breaking immuns also. Amp is the only source for phys, Cloak of shadows is 2nd source for poison but it overrides lr, meaning you can run only lr or CoS

Offline Profile