Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

Post subject: Rabies for Farming Tundra! Some Questions Also
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:31 am 

Sounds like fun! I was playing around with a rabies druid and got him to lvl 36 really easily. Mobs are np.

I found myself bored in between infections of tanks. I couldn't really do anything to things that were psn immune either. I was looking for a way to bypass this problem.

Solution 1: Summons! Maybe maxing grizzly and spreading points in between dogs could really change things. All I'd have to do is psn run and resummon.

Solution 2: Fury! I remember seeing a great rabies/fury build from DoD I believe. I don't know how to build and balance it, but thats why I'm posting this in Strategy and tactics.

Solution 3: Don't Worry About It! I could always just focus on poison, because of the new patch coming up, I won't have easy access to items, gems, and gear in general. Concentrating on one thing could resolve some gear problems.

Solutiong 4: You Tell Me! What else could I do. I'd also take suggestions on easier farming characters. Except poison nec, for some reason i refuse to build one. Never have lol. I really like wind druid, but gear and leveling is annoying as heck low level.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Rabies for Farming Tundra! Some Questions Also
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:22 am 

Hmm ive been looking at the skill tree and might go rabies bear + Shockwave. Pure AoE. I'd be focusing on rabies low lvl for basic trash pwning. Boss fights I'd have to find a group, but who doesn't need a group these days. I used to play before they made normal easier... I miss hard normal lol. I kind of like this version cause you can actually kill act bosses with your levels, but I wish they made the trash hard like before. Made running as a group really fun and almost mandatory.

Anyways, Here it is.

108 Pts Total

20x Lync
20x Rabies
20x Psn Vine
20x Maul
20x Shock wave
3x 1 Per Spirit
2x 1 Per Vine
3x W.Wolf/W.Bear/ Feral (Prereqs)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:59 pm 

DID THEY DO SOMETHING TO POISON? I had a lvl 38 with 4near 9k dmg before reset. now i have a lvl 20.... with 12 pts in synergy it only does 200 dmg?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:28 am 

nothing was changed to rabies skill or synergies, adding points into rabies will bring the damage higher than putting points into poison vine now that you are lvl 20.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:49 am 

nooooo oak?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:26 am 

I could keep the shockwave at 1 for just the stun affect since they didnt add a synergy or buff it in anyway. I will have to check the charts to see how much it does before i make a decision.

Any other ideas?

if i do i will have enough to max oak and bear or wolf.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:33 am 

shockwave dmg is low and is phys so is boosted by amp and rabies boosted by lr not to mention you would want your gear to boost your psn dmg with psn crafts ect. shockwave dmg is also rather low and is not worth trading off an oak or a bear for it.

Offline Profile