Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

Post subject: Newbie Amazon Help Plz!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:16 pm 

So I am pretty new to Diablo2 and Hell Unleashed and I just had a few questions about my Javazon.

1) What are the more important stats that should be on my gear? (i.e. attack speed, life/mana leech)

2) How should I distribute my stats/skills?

3) What type of merc should I get?

4) Any other tips/ticks would be much appreciated.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Newbie Amazon Help Plz!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:23 pm 

What type of javazon?

1) what stats do you think are going to be most important? You can probably answer that one yourself.

2) skills - again, you can probably figure that one out yourself just by looking at teh descriptions. Stats are likewise simple, enough dex/str for your gear and the rest in vit

3) try them out, see what works for you

4) tip/tricks - experiment a bit with stuff and see what works. There is nothing like first hand experience to really understand things rather than just doing what people tell you to do.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:41 pm 

Thanks for your advice but no thanks.

I'm looking for some people who actually have helpful information.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:46 pm 

help us help you... You said javazon, it means you're either psn lightning or melee. I could say something as my psn/light are both 95lvl+ but well, don't feel like writing something you may say "sorry I play jab zons"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:13 pm 

Well I'm not really sure. I don't "play" anything yet. I'm new so I don't really have a focus yet. It doesn't seem like a melee Amazon would be effective.

What are the pros/cons to light vs. psn?

Sounds like lightning is more aoe and psn is more single target?

People are telling me Lightning Fury is the way to go? Let us say I'm looking to build a Lightning Javazon.

Ty for helping.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:22 am 

benofrio420 wrote:
Well I'm not really sure. I don't "play" anything yet. I'm new so I don't really have a focus yet. It doesn't seem like a melee Amazon would be effective.
All of the javazons have inherent strengths and weakness. One thing to remember is each type gets stronger as they gain more levles, same with any char. Melee javazons aka jabazons are just that up close and personal. Some weapons available for them can have large damage potential. Lightning and poison javazon are ranged. Poison is more of an aoe type where lightning, with the exception of lightning fury are single target.

Quote:
What are the pros/cons to light vs. psn?
Pros for each are similar, excellent damage potential, while cons are monster immunity. Remember monster can also be dual immune such as poison and lighting at the same time.

Quote:
Sounds like lightning is more aoe and psn is more single target?
Both types (psn/light) have single target and aoe spells. Example of single target light is lightning bolt and aoe type (hits more than 1 target) is lightning fury.

Quote:
People are telling me Lightning Fury is the way to go? Let us say I'm looking to build a Lightning Javazon.

Ty for helping.
That's the rub, ask several people, each will have a favorite. Each will build slightly differently. Listen to what they say, weigh the suggestions, and build with what sounds most logical to you. Do not be afraid to fail, everyone of us here has done exactly that at least once. One strong piece of advice, look here http://critterkiller.arimyth.com/ all the unique and set items are located here. Do some research and decide on gear, before investing a lot of points. Search these forums, you might see an idea there as well, highly likely I might add. Most of all, have fun.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:48 am 

You can go 60 poison, 20lfury, rest in what you want - decoy probably.
Lfury Is good even without synergies (as it's "only" 80% after maxing all of them)Plague is ok vs trash but makes a massive slowdown if you throw them too many.
80points in lightning is also good idea as charged strike will probably kill every non immune champ in 1-2 hits, lightning strike is very good as it can jump few screens away, and if there are only a few mobs Lfury isn't that effective.
For bosses you cast decoy + do some dmg with lightning bolt or cast decoy and switch to gear giving auras - like faith. Never use charged strike on bosses with couters as you will end with whole team dead - I tried it on dury and HolyGhost's healer couldn't heal me fast enough with his 70lvl prayer and hbolts - but that was just for fun :P
Gear wise - start with broken heart(30lvl uniq jav but any jav will do ok) with orts(+8%lightning skill), go in vita gear as decoy will be tougher, If you can afford then craft caster gloves (10-20 mana after kill), rubies/diamonds into armor/hat socks, maybe also craft shield with emerald/diamond - For crafts visit blue.arimyth.com
Merc - tank a2 with insight spear or a5 with insight flail, +def/hp gear, I went a5 giving him dream RW (-20% lighting res from aura) and doom (max slow)

Offline Profile