Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

Post subject: Need Fury Druid Help
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:48 pm 

Hey all, I'm fairly new to Hell Unleashed and I am making a fury druid. My questions are, what is the optimum build more or less, for fury druids.
My second question is, how should i spend my stats each level. So far my stats look like this: 125str, 5dex, 30vit, 9energy. I'm sure I've messed up so what should I do from here.

Any other helpful information would be excellent but the above are most important.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Need Fury Druid Help
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:23 pm 

Judging from your stat distribution, your level is still quite low (20 ish?).

Stats:
1) Since your strength is high enough for most things you could want to equip, you can stop raising it. If you use a 2-handed weapon (most of them received 3% EDamage per str) then that strength gives you 375% skill ED (this number is added to your Fury %ED).
2) Your dex looks fine, since you're not trying to block with a shield, and your ARating will probably be found in Amythests (weapon) or charms.
3) Your energy of 9 is odd, so I'd raise it to 10 so that it's a nice even number. Otherwise, you've probably noticed that your build doesn't use much mana, and can just leach it back if it did. Don't raise energy (except to 10).
4) Since your str is high enough, and dex or energy aren't too important, just raise your vitality from now on. Having 400 base vitatlity end-game should be fine. This stat is never a waste, since more HP allows you to endure lag or mistakes better.

Gear:
1) For norm difficulty, get some diamonds socketed into your hat and armor. The damage reduction is high enough that 8 gems will make you immune to all trash and most damage-over-time spells (like Diablo's flames). Just get whatever diamonds are appropriate for your level. Crafted (ruby hat with maybe saphire, diamond, or emerald armor) or rare armor and hat would be ideal, but not mandatory.
2) Shape-changed characters receive very small benefit from increase attack speed (IAS) when it's not on their weapon. Because of this, you can concentrate on things like life leach or crushing blow off-weapon (CBlow is easy to get via ruby craft gloves, or unique boots). For your early or mid-game weapon, you can't beat skull craft because you can get lots of IAS on them, along with decent damage, Deadly Strike, and 4 free sockets.

Skills:
1) Maxing Fury is good for the ARating, but the damage increase is minor, so don't worry about it too much if you're hitting things fine.
2) Life skills like Lycanthropy and Oak are popular, same justification as "stats" point #4 (vit).
3) 1 point into Spirit of Barbs is excellent for areas with poison and curses. Personally I prefer this over Oak, especially in normal difficulty since diamonds take care of damage (so Oak is pointless) but they don't handle poison.
4) Grizzly Bear is a popular pet to have around just to take some of the heat off you.

Merc:
1) A1 Multishot would be a nice way to clear trash a little faster and to cast Amp-Damage curse via her bow or Atma's Ammy (chance to cast on striking).
2) A3 mercs should be alright too.

In General:
1) Most of your power comes from your gear, so late game you'll wan't the godliest uniques, while in norm and NM, you're probably best with gemmed crafted stuff.
2) Concentrate on gear that buffs your base damage, ARating, resists or absorbs, life leach, defence, and reduces enemy phys resists (so Amp curse or Sanctuary aura).

If it's your first time, just concentrate on getting to know things, not on making the theoretically flawless character.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:35 pm 

Thanks for the advice, but what exactly do i max in my skill tree?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:38 pm 
Game Server Host

oak and lycanthropy first, then fury/feral/maul or whatever you want.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:30 pm 

I dont put more than 1 point in werewolf? And do I max feral rage?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:45 pm 
Game Server Host

no more thn 1 in werewolf, the returns aren't really worth it unless you want some extra ar at the very end (msx very very last if you decide to max it)

max feral rage for the dded lifesteal and for a good secondary single hit attack.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:01 pm 

My current tree at lvl 20 looks like:
9 Werewolf
9 Lycanthropy
2 Feral Rage
1 Rabies

1 Heart of the Oak

Am i basically screwed if I want an optimal fury build?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:33 am 

1st of all - try not to make a new topic every hour. Just play along, from now on max vita, try to get good rares and try to get used to this mod as it is your first char. Making an "optimal" build requires some knowledge about bosses, gear, downsides of skills. Try to get at least to a5 norm w/o higher char rush and if you fell you have good gear you can then decide if want to continue or start a new. It's nearly end of ladder so I guess someone can give you some low level uniqs if you ask nicely. GL

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:25 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
oak and lycanthropy first, then fury/feral/maul or whatever you want.

Is maxing maul a good idea? If I remenber correctly you would only get AR after putting in 5 points into the skill. I'm asking this because currently I have a lvl 60 Fury druid. His skills are 20 oak, 15 fury and 15 lycan. I need to know what to max next.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:30 am 
Game Server Host

maul increases damage with every point, its good to keep it charged for some extra damage

Offline Profile