Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

Post subject: How to gear an Act 3 mercenary...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:08 pm 

I'm looking for any and all information in regards to gearing an Act poison/bone mercenary for use on a bonemancer. Their aura does reduce magic resist, not just poison right? I threw a ginther's rift on him as well to help reduce magic resists.

Currently I'm level 58, and at ancients. I play online, but with a RL friend.

I'm curious, how can you really make an act 3 merc godly? FCR? +all skills? +PNB skills? What works, and what doesn't, in regards to boosting their damage output and resistance lowering abilities?

Thanks!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: How to gear an Act 3 mercenary...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:49 pm 

A3 psn/bone merc aura reduce psn resist not magic res

All my a3 merc use Ondal(with 4 uber), templar w/ facet ,Griffon eye w/ facet , Hellmouth , Arachnid mesh , Silkweave and element set ( maybe change something to Sm set like sm boot and sm belt )

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:43 pm 

At level 58, I doubt Templar's etc. really helps him out.... thanks for sharing though.

-As Badboy said, A3 PB merc's aura reduces poison resist only (by 20% or so), not overall magic resist. As a result, his aura is not benefiting your casting.
-FCR helps. Check Blue's strategy site for break points
-Give him a caster sword... socket it with the best diamonds you can do drop magic resist on enemies (ditto for yourself, as the weapon -%resist only affects the caster, not party)
- +Skills help, but are not everything. You're probably better with a socketed sword dropping resist by 50% than with a +2 skills...
-I have an A3 merc with my bonemancer as well. They are great. The PB merc's benefit from bone armor, which makes them much less squishy than the other a3 mercs. Enemies usually have lower magic resist than elemental resists as well.
-That said, if you're in A5 and can get access to good gear, you may want to trade him out for a a3 lightening or cold merc if you like a3 mercs... or a a1 phys if you could care less. Primarily to change your damage type. If you hit a magic immune, you have no way to break the immunity (LR lowers elemental, not magic)
-Consider putting insight runeword on the a3 merc (or an a2 merc) to get the beefy meditation aura.

So... in general for A3 mercs: FCR, Lower Resist, +Skills. Get their defence through the roof, esp if they're not PB since they won't ahve bone armor. Keep in mind that A3 merc's benefit from +all skills. They do not benefit from skilsl that are +sorc or +necro, and I do not THINK that PB a3's benefit from +P&B.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:01 pm 

its important not to overlook dr

get around 50 % . wsg , tyrael or leviathan and coa helps to that or else try skulls in shield.

around llv 58 you got shaftstop , string of ears and some diamonds in helm along with resists in shield.. get some cast rate , maybe 125 if you can.

Offline Profile