Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

Post subject: LOS Nec
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:32 pm 
Game Server Host

So I really wanted a LOS nec heart... seems the only way to do this is to abuse the terrain or use a flambellow glitch whatever that is (and that is not dependable so not an option on hc). I would like to hear from anyone that has killed the LOS nec any other way besides trapping him between cages then using a caster or using the flame bellow glitch.

Since the nec's main attack is bone spear or teeth ( and sometimes poison strike?) why not make him Magic immune and move poison immune to another LOS shadow? Just a thought. If the nec can't be taken by an overpowered oak/bo etc and an AWESOME team then why should I even want to acheive it?

If someone has another account of taking on the nec head on I would love to hear it so I can take a shot at it. I am up for the challenge I just don't like the 0% chance at success (in my opinion...maybe I just am horrible and drag my team down :oops: )

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: LOS Nec
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:06 am 

He can be done by brute force easily enough on SC. Your problem is simply stemming from playing HC man. Remember the mod is based around SC.

If I was to try to kill him legit on HC I'd probably use a barb for dealing the damage. I'm pretty confident he can be done with a barb with minimal or maybe no deaths if you've got some serious WW skills. Stack what magic resist gear you can without sacrificing a lot of life, throw on a low dmg/high CB weapon(high range too), oak&bo, amp, and tri-whirl away(hopefully dodging a good bit of his teeth&spear). The hardest part would be keeping your WW's short so you can stay on top of sucking down juvs every half second, whilst keeping the tri-whirl going fast enough to dodge his spears.

Alternatively you could use a curse immune setup and do a mix of CB and actual physical damage, but that requires keeping a CTC fade up which is risky as hell in HC. The biggest reason for the CI setup is that the LoS necro's LR pierces magic resists(someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, however I recall a few reputable people testing this), second obviously being iron maiden. Shit now that I think of it I forget what curses the necro uses, isn't it LR&IM?

Anyway take this advice with a grain of salt, as I haven't killed the LoS necro in HC without abusing terrain. What I know of killing him with WW was on SC several ladders ago, but it worked well enough.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:29 am 
Game Server Host

I too think he can be done with brute force with a smiter, I didn't bring my A game when I tried that on hc and missed supping a juv in time and got ripped. Don't think he should be changed though, just see how many struggle on sc with no leap bug in play ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:18 am 

i suggest you bring a barb as a tank. to tank is to "fix" the target so that your party is capable of safely engaging. i hesitate to give step-by-step instructions on how to tank the necro because the method i use is so fast it makes the necro look real bad. kev if you can recall a while back i built a special char which is key in the method i have to crush the necro. the only problem was i never had 4 people to do it this season so i opted for the solo method i have instead.

another possibility involves kiting the necro. although i've never actually tried this on the realm, the necro's AI is bad enough that someone with any half decent mobility skills can kite the necro without struggle, whilst a ranged char like a bowazon or meteor sorc delivers the kill. all it really involves is running circles at a short distance of the necro while hes firing like crazy trying to hit you but failing at it. i was able to do this on an sp barb for a long period so time so i assume your chars equipped for the role could do it better. this keeps the necro in place, but it does spread out his shots.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:44 am 
Game Server Host

The kite method was working for us when I was using the sorc but he lost sight of the runner and turned his attention on me. Putting a cold spear through Shota's heart.

I remember your tank and spank char for it. had I known you were looking for 4 I would have offered a hand. I had planned to do the tanking on my smiter but my reactions were off that night and I hesitated to juv (hate wasting them) resulting in my deeds being remembered. We could also have done with some full rejuvs but didn't bother farming.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:53 pm 

Heres a little hint Zon with Windforce Knockback as you tank .. Thats how he did it with no problems.. Other then that there are very cheezy ways to do it .. Pious Already showed this a long time ago..
Sad to say it Kev most of your toons got eaten by this force named the Los necro... :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:20 pm 
Game Server Host

Yeh because knockback works on an enemy that can't be knocked back. Durrrr.

Sad to say soth but most of your toons wouldn't last 5 mins on Hc. Cowards die in shame, I ain't afraid to lose a char, it's not like it's important. :lol:

Offline Profile