Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am

Post subject: Question on amplify damage
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:36 pm 

Is it possible to craft etc. any weapon/item to get CTC amplify damage on striking?
I am playing solo with fury druid and already completed NM difficulty. I can do nothing to some of bosses without amp :cry: .
Please advice. If amp items are not possible to be found perhaps I am wrong with my tactics?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Question on amplify damage
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:43 pm 

The mod that procs 5% lvl 5 Amp (64%, 16 seconds) can appear on rares, therefore it can appear on crafts. Assuming you need an Elite-quality craft, I'm not sure it's reasonable to keep crafting moonstone gems until you get a weapon with 5% Amp. You might want to roll a rare until you get IAS, ED%, and Amp proc. It might be faster to farm for Atma Ammy.

Some other sources of the curse could be a good idea too:
1) Weapon for the merc
2) "Lawbringer" on switch (33%, 38 seconds)
3) Atma ammy
4) Gavel of Pain (only 6% of lvl 3 Amp (54%, 12 seconds), so not very practical to use on switch, and not quite strong or fast enough to use as your main weapon)

Last I knew, the only boss in Hell that's always a problem for phys-builds is Sszak since she's always phys immune. You will not be able to defeat Sszak using phys damage even with Amp, since even when phys immunity is broken, she's still around 95% to 99% resistant. Sanctuary aura takes care of all undead phys immunes.

If the boss you're having trouble with isn't Sszak or undead, then consider just re-trying the boss until it doesn't spawn with Stone Skin.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Question on amplify damage
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:57 pm 

Use brand on switch for those bosses that need it. You can make it in a javelin. 30% chance to cast level 5 amp on striking. I don't believe there is a higher level of amp in the game other than the actual curse from a necro, and I also don't think that any other item has that high of a % chance to cast it. It is by far the best source of it besides an actual necro in the party.

Offline Profile