Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

Post subject: Question about healer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:29 pm 

I am starting to build a healer. I know the healing effect doesn't stack when cleansing and meditation are on at the same time. But I'd like to know whether the healing effect stacks if I use insight and have my prayer aura on.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Question about healer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:33 pm 
Game Server Host

yes, the healing effect will stack with prayer. If you have medi on equip and run prayer you have double your listed healing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:40 pm 

Medi and Cleansing will also stack as far as I know. Multiple prayers stack too. Only Medi with Medi and Cleansing with Cleansing won't stack.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:14 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh, they would stack too if you could get them both

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:20 pm 

Just adding a comment that I've also used Cleansing with Meditation to stack the healing effect. Perhaps you meant that the curse reduction doesn't stack, which I'm told is the case, but I've never bothered to experiment with (my last aura-healer was a few ladders ago).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:50 pm 

Thanks for you guys' replies.

I read it on http://blue.arimyth.com/FAQ.html#prayer. It said "Understanding this stacking is important when choosing your gear and what to run in parties since both Cleansing and Meditation do not stack. So in the above example, lets say you are running a +30 life Meditation and the other healer is running a +10 life Meditation - rather than +40, you will only get the benefit of the highest cleansing aura: +30 life."

That case is 2 healers (one uses medit and another one uses cleansing) are around. So does medit + cleansing healing effect stack only when 1 healer uses both of them at the same time?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:12 pm 

I see.

Consider these two statements:
"... since Cleansing and Meditation do not stack."
"... since both Cleansing and Meditation do not stack."
That page initially points out that Prayer does stack with Prayer. The 2nd statement with the word 'both' is meant to imply that Cleansing and Cleansing do not stack, and Meditation and Meditation do not stack (i.e. they "both do not stack"). I suppose Blue could revise the page to be slightly more verbose, but more explicit.

That aside, the cases PureRage, Shantu, and I were trying to put forward are:
1) Prayer from any player or merc stacks with any level Prayer from another player or merc.
2) Cleansing from any player does not stack with a lower level Cleansing from another player. Only the highest level Cleansing is in effect, even if it heals very little due to low Prayer synergy. (personally, I think the Cleansing in effect might swap every couple seconds. I recall complaints about losing curse immunity if my aura-healer was around while they were using Cleansing via Leviathan armor.)
3) Meditation from any player does not stack with a lower level Meditation from another player. Just like Cleansing.
4) You can stack 1 instance of Cleansing with 1 instance of Meditation with a few insteances of Prayer (I think max auras on a character is 8, but it's been ages since I've heard this). The sources of the auras does not matter.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:15 pm 

Thanks Brevan for help. Those 3 auras are so confusing especially their healing effect. I think I will tend on switch prayer on and use purity.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:29 am 

I wonder, do multiple prayer auras stack if they are on the same character? For example, if I make a prayer paladin and equip him with an Ironward caduceus (level 15 prayer on equip), will he gain the healing from both?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:01 am 

Yhm, Yes. Ironward + holy amu + another holy amu on merc +any prayer source will stack, so you'll get all these healing summed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:08 am 

To be honest, I've never tested since typically there's never 2 aura-healers in the game, so my test would be something like "kk, I've lost like 2k life... now am I gaining the 712 from my own pulse alone, or 732 because someone's merc is running Prayer, or 742 via me, merc and holy ammy".

The easiest way to test is to craft a diamond ammy (may as well craft Moonstone, since all the levels of prayer are too low to be noticeable at almost any level). Use an ammy gambled and crafted by a level 1 char, and you should be able to get a lvl 14 required ammy with lvl 7 Prayer. Use that ammy on a lvl 14 pally running level 1-7 Prayer and see if his healing pulses doubled. Lvl 7 Prayer heals 12 per pulse (14 when considering the +33 replenish life), while level 1 Prayer heals 6 (7 when considering the +16 replenish). It should be pretty easy to tell if you're healing 12 or 18 per pulse. I think it's safe to say that if you're getting both pulses, then Prayer auras stack, even if they're from multiple peices of gear.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:37 am 
Game Server Host

he will gain the healing of level 15 prayer (not much) on top of the healing from his own prayer. The healing of that level 15 prayer is nothing compared to using a 3 prayer hoto if you have maxed prayer. the tier 3 4 and 5 increases in healing is alot higher than the lower tiers (if you are a prayer healer having +6 prayer is almost twice as potent as level 15 prayer on equip.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:31 pm 

Thanks for the answers. I feel a bit lazy to test it, but I trust the others and believe it. :)

Offline Profile