Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:47 am

Post subject: Force Golem
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:25 am 

If i max out force golem and golem mastery,then the golem could it reach more 6k-7k dmg?Can it reach a unresistable amount of dmg?
The explosion damage when the golem dies is it worth trying?
Can we calculate the explosion dmg somehow?
Of all golems,i have never see anyone choosing force golem as a road,for the leftover skills.The most ppl go with spirit blade,clay golem or iron. :!:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Force Golem
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:10 am 
Game Server Host

force and iron are both pretty good

Attachments:
Screenshot010.jpg
Screenshot010.jpg [ 487.54 KiB | Viewed 6642 times ]
Screenshot007.jpg
Screenshot007.jpg [ 466.01 KiB | Viewed 6642 times ]

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:53 pm 

golems at that skill lvl should have an attack rating a bit higher than 5k but i guess with fanatism / chant / blessed aim they would be at like 12-18k idk... pretty solid stats but att rating looks a little weak thats about it.. chant them, fana stick or paladin fana and a blessed aim glove on the merc then they should do very well with 9k frenzy , at least on trash, for bosses not so much dmg but thats ok , they are meant to be tanks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:39 pm 

sanydreik wrote:
1) If i max out force golem and golem mastery,then the golem could it reach more 6k-7k dmg?Can it reach a unresistable amount of dmg?
2) The explosion damage when the golem dies is it worth trying? Can we calculate the explosion dmg somehow?
1) It depends on the difficulty level, PureRage's picture was probably taken in Hell difficulty. I'm not sure what you mean by Unresistable damage though.
2) The Force Golem is simply "Fire Enchanted" so his damage is boosted 66%min to 100%max, and the explosion at death does 75% to 100% or max HP as damage.

It's really important to understand that summons have base stats determined by difficulty, and that most things are based on that base stat. For example, PureRage's ForceGolem has about 1200 base HP, so things like BO are only buffing that base. There's a good chance (untested I think) the explosion at death for that golem will do 900-1000 dmg. I know on Normal, my 6k HP FGolem's explosion didn't kill a champ skeleton (down to 20% HP) in A1 Graveyard in a 1 person game.

Just for the record, GMastery is bugged in it's HP display, it only gives +10% HP per level. Points into the Golems themselves give +25%HP. The damage buff is correct in GMastery, but it's also so high that stuff like Might Aura barely affects golems (They go from like 2000% ED to 2300% ED, i.e. from 2100 dmg to 2400). The speed boost from Fanat is probably very effective though. I didn't notice anything in Skills.txt that implies golems wouldn't get a large ARating boost from fanat or BAim, but it looks like %EDef wouldn't be useful (just like %ED, but from like 4000% EDef to 4300%).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:33 pm 
Game Server Host

Necro summons are bad for the reasons stated above. Druid summons on the other hand, are extremely strong damage and life wise. You can get a 20k life grizzly (thats base life) very easily with close to 10k base damage. They are boosted a huge amount by oak, bo, fana and conc auras. The only necro summon like that is DK, is its all flat numbers too.

The death counters on the golems are next to worthless, they make good tanks but thats about it. You only need them to score a kill or 2 so you can spam CE and clear the rest of the map in no time though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:49 pm 

Quote:
AIDEL, AIDEL(N), AIDEL(H) – The controls delays between AI ticks, however how exactly this is used is still shrouded in mystery. Its likely that each AI may use this in a sightley different fashion. In general however, the higher the number the slower something should become (after all the delay increases that way), what part of the AI this delay applies to however is uncertain due to the quantity of different observations.
On golems this is 15, on wolfs is down to 8, i changed to 1 on single and golems went crazy(0 delay between attacks). You can boost em by that way ;).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:12 pm 

^by modifying game files? what?

Offline Profile