Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am

Post subject: Phys bowzon
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:02 pm 

Whats a good equipment build and talent/stat build for them?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Phys bowzon
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:52 am 

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=859

Pretty much what Angel sais here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:50 pm 

What is "Holy" with the 4 uber emeralds he lists? Holy crafted armor? It doesn't seem that good to me unless it's purely for the sanctuary aura?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:08 pm 

Rise wrote:
purely for the sanctuary aura?

bingo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:01 pm 
Game Server Host

the aura ignores undead phys res. thats also true of negative phys res, so if you are playing with a necro, you are better off using something else.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:11 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
the aura ignores undead phys res. thats also true of negative phys res, so if you are playing with a necro, you are better off using something else.

thanks, that's actually really helpful since i play with a necro 90% of my time.

what would a good alternative be? I would imagine that end game, war in an eth archon plate would be nice. Not that i have the runes, but it's something to work towards. Until then, what should I be looking for? Atma's Wail seems good...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:39 pm 
Game Server Host

you can use a lot of diff armours, anything with sockets and res is fine (sockets for emeralds etc.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:05 pm 

Well then, Atma's it is! I just need to figure out how to get enough str to equip it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:44 pm 
Game Server Host

blood craft rings and a couple of charms. The added life and leech on blood rings are too GG to pass up on anyway IMO.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:26 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
blood craft rings and a couple of charms. The added life and leech on blood rings are too GG to pass up on anyway IMO.

how random is crafting? I made 2 rings so far but they seem completely random other than the specified mods... if I have a ring that I'm going to craft that has +resists, is it likely the blood craft ring will have those +res stats as well? likewise, does the jewel's magic stats affect it?

the first ring I made gave me 2%LL, 6 str. I'm assuming I got such low numbers because i used a pgem instead of a MS or SS? Does the gem level affect the crafted item level? i should mention this is my first time trying to craft anything :geek:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 am 

all you want to know about crafting: http://blue.arimyth.com

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:44 am 

so continuing on the bowazon build discussion - what is a good merc and what are good items to have on the merc? I read on critter killer that a1 phys and a2 def are probably good but considering my valk has been a super tank, I'd be confident in going an a1 phys merc. That said, what items should I be choosing?

I'm thinking of:
faith eth gmb
holy crafted armor + 4x ED/ias jewels
kiras 4xums
gravepalm
IF belt (str??)
waterwalks
saracen's chance

no idea on rings

does that look OK? or am i way off on what i should be looking at?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:14 am 

holy crafted armor with 4 uber emeralds... ur going to want dex more than anything.... use 20 dex shock absorbers until u find something with a little more on it.. war travs until u find mancer boots......

kiras is okay... but throw 4 uber emeralds in it....

for the bow find an eth rare colossus bow and roll it until u get a desired dmg and ias... usually with 5xx% u should be solid..... then put ias/ed jewels in that. for gloves and belt its really pick ur flavor but I use mancers end game usually

amulet.... once again find something with a lot of dex on it...

all your damage will come from having a crap ton of dex on her... at lvl 90 I believe that 30 dex adds about 700-900 dmg

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:16 am 

hunterAS wrote:
holy crafted armor with 4 uber emeralds... ur going to want dex more than anything.... use 20 dex shock absorbers until u find something with a little more on it.. war travs until u find mancer boots......

for the bow find an eth rare colossus bow and roll it until u get a desired dmg and ias... usually with 5xx% u should be solid..... then put ias/ed jewels in that. for gloves and belt its really pick ur flavor but I use mancers end game usually

all your damage will come from having a crap ton of dex on her... at lvl 90 I believe that 30 dex adds about 700-900 dmg

but won't she get raped by -83247892347% resist?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:49 am 

Got a question, how do you guys usually get amplify damage on ur bowzon when playing solo? Wands / Merc / Own items?

If wands, so you carry either call to arms and wand in cube?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:13 am 

Rise wrote:
hunterAS wrote:

but won't she get raped by -83247892347% resist?

always a problem I run into :) but I choose to ignore it once shes 95 I tos son a con ring and tada :) but she'll rape stuff so fast it doesn't really matter what her resistances are..

if ur worried about that throw 4 ums in kiras ~~

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:05 am 
Game Server Host

massive damage and lifeleech is > resists for the most part anyway. 1 multishot will usualy fill her life to max easily.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:37 am 

I currently have a lvl91 phys bow-azon. 20 multi, 20 guilde, 20 decoy, 20 valk, 1pt into other passives (including dodge), and 1 pt magic arrow for killing phys immune.

stat wise, she's a semi-glass cannon. about 80~ into vit, and just enough str for gear (with +str from blood craft rings), all into dex.

She's the highest level I have and is in hell difficulty. As I don't have any other char in hell difficulty, I use her to mf with the following gears: (note I'm poor, and this is what I managed to scrape up for her)

-crown of thieves with star-stone (or was it moon stone?) topaz. 150mf

-atma's wail. 2x 20ias/+dmg jewls. armor has 60mf, and total ias w/ jewls = 60ias

- rare belt with dual res and 32mf

-rare gloves with +2 passive skill, dual resist, 41mf

-war travelers for mf (50%) and use raven frost for cannot be frozen. For questing, swap both out for waterwalk and 2xblood craft ring with all res.

- highlord's wrath amulet

- windforce, 20ias/60ed jewl. I'm still searching for a rare eth gmb to roll.
before WF, i used to use harmony runeword for mid lvls, and eth stone howl gorgon crossbow for lvl76~90.

act 3 cold merc from nm.
Decent +skill and -enemy cold resist from unique items, nosferatu (is ethereal, so im not wearing it) for +50 life after kill, and Holy crafted shield with lvl7 might aura and quad socketed it with gems for resist/sorb. The merc can kill phys immune surprisingly well.

I'm thinking about getting a a1 nm merc with "brand" bow for amp, but as the A3 cold merc is doing good and I have an amp wand, why fix something that's not broken.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am 
Game Server Host

stranded wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a a1 nm merc with "brand" bow for amp, but as the A3 cold merc is doing good and I have an amp wand, why fix something that's not broken.

indeed, the act 3 cold mercs are fantastic for crowd control and if you already kill well enough, i would stick with it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:32 pm 

Anyone have any tips for facing the Ancients with this build (for solo edition, so no tanks other than merc and valkyrie)? %DR doesn't seem to be cutting it, as I am still one-shotted by Korlic, even in melee range.

I'm currently using String of Ears, Rockfleece, and Rockstopper socketed with two perfect rubies for a total of 33% damage reduction, and 1455 life. And my bowazon still dies with one hit from that leaping bastard. How much damage does he inflict with leap anyways? Certainly above 2000, if he can kill my char with one hit even when she is taking 67% of his damage.

Decoy doesn't seem to work against the Ancients, as they (especially Korlic) completely ignore the decoy, which is odd, considering that even act bosses go for the decoy when it is near them. A wand with decrepify charges on switch doesn't seem to be that effective, although it was how I got past Duriel, Moloch, and pretty much all the other hard-hitting melee bosses. But Korlic is really something else.

Is there something I am missing here, that will make this feasible? The last 6 times, I was reduced to running around trying to avoid Korlic and his mates and tagging him with an occasional guided arrow. And that didn't work very well especially when one of those ancients was cold-enchanted.

I am the captain of my soul.

-William Ernest Henley

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:05 am 
Game Server Host

Running and attacking is really the only option. Get yourself a merc for an extra target.

Once he picks a target he will pretty much stick on it till its dead. The only way to do it is to wait until he has leaped then run right up into his face to make him melee instead of leap attack. You really need the other 2 to be dead for this to work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:59 am 

Thanks for the advice, that worked well as I was able to reach the Castle of Destruction (didn't go up to Baal as I didn't have the time that day). The other thing that helped was setting guided arrow on the right mouse button.

I was wondering though if items with amplify damage charges, or ctc amp damage can spawn in nightmare (other than the unique siege bow). My zealadin has a bit of a problem when he runs into stone skin bosses that are not undead. If not, then I guess I'll have to go back to normal difficulty and search around for one, although I would prefer not to reset my maps that way.

-William Ernest Henley

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:14 am 

As a second option, maybe try using Lawbringer rw on the switch in a flail (or something very fast weap).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:27 pm 

Severus wrote:
I was wondering though if items with amplify damage charges, or ctc amp damage can spawn in nightmare (other than the unique siege bow). My zealadin has a bit of a problem when he runs into stone skin bosses that are not undead. If not, then I guess I'll have to go back to normal difficulty and search around for one, although I would prefer not to reset my maps that way.

Normal vendors are a great place to get an amp wand. You can try shopping the NM vendors also though I suppose.

The popular route of getting amp for a paladin is Atma's Scarab:

+1 to All Skills
6% Chance to Cast Level 3 Amplify Damage when Striking
Adds (300-300) Poison Damage Over 4 Seconds
Poison Resist +75%
+2-4 to Light Radius
300-600% Thorns Damage
20-40% Bonus to Attack Rating
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Poison Length Reduced by 15-20%

You may not be lvl62 yet though. If not, going the lawbringer route with decrep as BaLooB33R suggested is a great option.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:29 pm 
Game Server Host

I personally like to keep a lawbringer with me all the time and gamble a normal flail with a level 30ish char till one spawns with ctc amp. Stick 4 ameths in it and you are good to go. The level 5 amp is a massive boost vs an amp wand. You can get a wand with amp charges from akara in a1 in no time though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:50 am 

Thanks for the advice :). I managed to gamble a rare dimensional blade with 20% ias and ctc lvl 5 amp damage, so that seems to solve the problem of stone skin bosses.

I've got a Lawbringer weapon on switch (used a war scepter, same speed as a flail for a Paladin) and that works pretty well for me. As for the atma's scarab, my pally is level 70 now; so hopefully I'll find one some time soon.

-William Ernest Henley

Offline Profile