Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:14 am

Post subject: Holy $#@%^ Nihlathak
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:05 pm 

I have a question, how much block does Nihl have? The reason I ask is because last night I fought him with my kicker. Except for, I couldn't hit him...at all. With the gimped-out cb gear my ar for charge up (tiger strike) and talon kick were 29k and 24k respectively. Character screen said something like 89% chance to hit. So then I took off gimp-cb gear (which on another topic I feel is totally worthless most of the time) and used regular gear. Then my ar became 37k and 31 respectively and character screen read that I had a lower to mid, 90-95% chance to hit. I was using tiger strike and talon, this is how I know none of my hits were connecting, no swirly charge up graphic. When I say none, I don't mean that every once in a while i was hitting him, I mean NONE. This is after tigerstriking him for about 30 seconds without pause, and then going back for two more, 30-second tries. Found it odd since I figured at least one of these strikes would land. Is there some kind of "bug" in which you simply whiff no matter how high your ar is with him, or does he have mondo block?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Holy $#@%^ Nihlathak
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:20 pm 
Game Server Host

you were trapped in a cage serverside and client side you were not. From now on, if a cage spawns anywhare near you, use dflight on an enemy before attacking the boss again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:41 pm 

Something weird and similar happened with my barb ( IK wielder, conc/zerker main skills, RIP ) when doing hell nihla runs:
Sometimes real nihla seemed to be immune to my swings. I mean: 20 attacks -> 20 misses O.O. And then, after retreating a little bit - feeling hopeless - and charging again, I burned him 1/5 of his total life with 4 or 5 consecutive hits... zero missing this time.
Adding that I wasnt lagged at all, and happened me more than once

Anyone knows why that "temporaly immunity " ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:05 pm 
Game Server Host

its not a temp immunity. He traps you in a cage then client side it looks like you escape but server side you are still in it. when this happens you need to either run back and break the cage or use tele, leap, ww, dflight etc. to escape and start attacking again

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:39 pm 

Yup, you're right I believe. It's not showing up on client side. This exact same thing also happens with Mephisto. When I posted before about this topic, some people just passed it off as, "Well maybe he just got a lucky 30-second string of blocks on you, five times in a row..." Now, I'm no math genius, but even the average bear knows that this would be nearly impossible to miss this many times in a row. So yeah, that's what it is. Thanks Rage, you always seem to be right on.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:04 pm 

rage is correct happens a lot when im smiting :) thank god for enigma

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:41 pm 

Thanks guys. Wanted to add, thanks for not insulting my intelligence, by saying, "You sure you weren't trapped in a cage?" As I wasn't inside any cages. Much like what the guys said to *kobrakai when he asked about leeching. Some dumb ass actually asked him if he was testing this in normal, that's just insulting, and actually lazy. Hunter gz on all of your success man, with degree etc, and getting hitched. Didn;t get a chance to reply to your forum post about it so I'm doing it now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:35 am 

Interesting to thank people for not insulting your intelligence, only to turn around and attempt to do the same..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:57 pm 

drithe123 wrote:
Interesting to thank people for not insulting your intelligence, only to turn around and attempt to do the same..

Glad I'm not the only one that lol'd at that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:13 pm 

I never said I wasn't a hypocrite ;) No, that comment I made was probably uncalled for. In my defense, it was alcohol inspired. But I mean some people were asking him if he was attacking undead, and other such stuff. People who have played this mod for a while should know he's not a new-kid, that's all I meant.

If i have another question I'll probably just pm Rage or someone instead of coming to the forums with it from now on.

ps. I honestly didn't remember, nor do I now, who made those comments to *kobrakai, so I really wasn't attacking anyone personally, or at least I wasn't trying to. Sorry,

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:18 pm 

Lorek B wrote:
In my defense, it was alcohol inspired.

Then all is well and all is forgiven.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:56 pm 

Then those bone cages need to go cuz thats just bs.

Offline Profile