Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

Post subject: HUv1.7 FireEnchanted mobs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:14 pm 

TL;DR:
  1. FE onDeath proc shouldn't be fatal, but sometimes still does a bit of damage (seems to be equal to a regular hit from that critter).
  2. FE isn't passed on to minions (they used to get bonus fire damage).
  3. FE bosses might still have bugged melee damage (instant-kill variety).
  4. FE in some situations seems to have an aura-damage effect to about 6 yards that could be fatal if you linger (damage per pulse seems to be equal to regular Trash damage, but potentially hitting many times per second).

There's been a long time bug with FireEnchanted critters where their onDeath AoE and Melee hits occasionally did wildly high damage (might have been related to their max HP, since mostly Bosses were the problem).

In HU v1.7, PureRage changed the code of FE so that the onDeath proc is similar to MeteorShower rather than some form of CorpseExplosion. This seems to have fixed the onDeath AoE problem (although I still occasionally seem to take damage if standing near a dying FE critter, it's not lethal damage at all but it creeps me out).

In HU, the Barbarian Ancients have traditionally had FireEnchanted, ColdEnchanted, and LightningEnchanted mods, and the FE mod was on Korlic (the Leaping/Polearm Ancient). In HUv1.7 I swapped that mod to Madawc (AxeThrower) as a partial solution to the FE-Melee bug. Note that after PureRage's changes to FE, the Fe-Melee bug still exists, so don't engage Madawc in melee (In Hell, my cheating Sorc took around 6k-9k damage from a melee hit, so in Norm I'd expect the hits to be around 5k-7k), consider leaving him to ranged builds (consider weapon-swapping to something ranged if you're playing solo).

In recent testing, some issues were found with the new changes to FE, I'm not sure if they're actually new, or if they've always been there but everyone died before they could notice. I've only noticed this issue with Scarabs and Madawc. When within about 6 yards of the FE critter, you'll see puffs of fire damage hit you (I noticed this even up to 1 second after the critter died, so don't rush to their corpses if you're playing HC and low on life). It's not a lot of fire damage (standard Trash damage, i.e. a Sorc with 66%EShield and regular amounts of PDR/MDR (i.e. 33%TrashDmg negated) won't lose HP, but her mana would go to zero within a couple seconds). The fire-puff damage seemed to stack (FE Scarabs were occasionally quickly fatal), so I disabled FE mod from spreading to minions (this was only done to fix Scarabs, so if later Modders figure out the cause, feel free to return FE to minions).

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HUv1.7 FireEnchanted mobs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:27 pm 

Brevan wrote:
In HUv1.7 I swapped that mod to Madawc (AxeThrower) as a partial solution to the FE-Melee bug.

madawc gonna RIP so many hardcore players XD

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:42 pm 

Hopefully a FE Madawc isn't as bad as FE Korlic was in v1.3. Were there many other solutions to FEnchanted bosses found in HUv1.4 to HUv1.6?

For v1.7, Madawc should be pretty easy to solo for a GArrow Zon if she just stands with a column between her and Madawc (he'll attack it, AI generally has weaknesses like this), then she can shoot an arrow to the side and watch it come back and hit him. I'd say Hydra could do this too, but I think Madawc will be fire immune by NM. For any team that has a Ranged char (I doubt A1 and A3 merc would work, but I suppose after defeating Korlic and Talic, you could just rejoin game (maybe Return Tomb?) to revive the Merc), just have one person tank Madawc with a column while the other attacks from far away enough for him to ignore. There's probably other spells besides GArrow that would work (tank him with a column and then maybe reach him with the edge of a nearby Blizzard, or let TStorm slowly get him, etc).

If folks really need to melee him (perhaps as part of a dare), then at least slow the heck out of him by stacking Slow, HolyFreeze, and Decrep. I'm not sure how that'd affect his odd fire aura thing, but it's worth a shot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:23 am 

I never had a problem with fe. The biggest random one shot mechanic I remember was in act 5 tundra and other similar areas. Just dying with nothing on the screen, straight up one shot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:56 am 

It's hard to tell what got you in Tundra, but I know one thing that could easily kill players without monsters on the screen is the caltrops from catapults. They're very hard to see on the ground, even on NormalResolution, and they can form piles that would make it seem like you were one-shot if you stepped on a bunch. In v1.7 their duration is 5 seconds before they disappear, and their damage is pretty standard (no complaints in Testing).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:58 am 

Don't think it was catapults. I'm pretty sure there is a bug with those mobs who shoot vines under the ground, sometimes they can do it off screen and if there are the right mods on the pack it just 1 shots you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:22 am 

The FE/LE/CE happened because the death anim was being called for every 'enchant'. So you get a double dose of damage with 2enchants, triple with 3 enchants.

This is what them rippy, not their HP pool. For example in LoD. The most dangerous creatures arguably are the vanilla council with multi enchants. They could kill a maxed health char in NIGHTMARE. It was an oddity that this was actually the most dangerous set, not the ones in hell.

This stacking on melee may still happen depending on how the changes were made, and if that part is even accessible to change.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:28 am 

I didn't notice anything about normal fe mobs, but madawc kills me in a literal second with 80mdr pdr and 1.3k hp if I get near him. On the flip side his attacks don't even move my health bar, it's some sort of proximity aura that damages me for like 300 through my pdr mdr to the tune of something like every 2-3 frames.

Don't remember any aura damaging me that fast or that hard in the past. No other mob has replicated that situation either.

Offline Profile