Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

Post subject: Auradin auras
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm 

Any reason the pulse does as much damage as the added to attack? I feel like later on if you played one of these classes the damage simply wouldn't shine. And if it scaled up high enough, it would essentially be like auto attacking everything in range 5x a second(if I'm understanding 5/25 frame proc rate properly).

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Auradin auras
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:19 pm 

TL;DR: No special reason, just happened that the math turned out close enough to leave it that way.

The resist auras max at level 10, so the HolyAura pulses stop at 30 frames (1.2 seconds), just a bit slower than Hurricane and BladeShield. The max level of 10 was chosen partly to limit the synergy on HolyShield, and partly to make the ResAuras as strong as 1% per level without making them overpowered (the original design goal was for 25%Absorbs to be really hard to achieve, but it's only a minor challenge even when these skills are capped at level 10).

Part of the balancing of the HolyAuras is related to when they could still occur on unique monsters (AuraEnchanted), but I didn't see a need to change them when PureRage separated AuraEnchanted auras to their own skills.

The HolyAuras themselves are balanced as a middle-ground skill: some -%EnemyRes for you and your party, some damage for you, some AoE. Since FreezingArrow and Exploding/ImmoArrow skills aren't hard to get, it's a pretty safe bet that HolyFire and HolyFreeze will be used with those skills. HolyShock does relatively high damage since it's a little harder to double-dip on its effects.

Another step to make melee more viable for Auradins is the MagicDmg added to Zeal. If you do decide to max Zeal, then the -15%EnemyRes in Hell reduces (worst case) 50%Res down to 35%Res, which is similar to increasing your damage with that element by 30% (noticeable, especially if you're using Facets or other gear heavy with that element).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:51 pm 

It definitely let me put 15 into cleansing which affects holy fire proc rate, I am assuming it goes up to 20, which is 5 frame procs or .2 seconds between each proc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:58 pm 

I'm not sure why our results differ. The skill files show Cleansing, ResistFire, ResistCold, and ResistLightning with max level 10, and one of my level 99 test characters hit that max and stopped.

Which package did you download? You're welcome to continue using it if the fast-pulse effect is fun, but when the server resets I'm not 100% sure what the effect would be (pretty sure you'll just be prevented from raising the skill past 10 while on the Realm).

Were you using a character editor? I could see where they might be able to get past the max-level limitations in the files.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:28 pm 

I used a char editor to level to 40 with skill points and put them in. Later I just editted the skill to 24 to see what would happen.

Offline Profile