Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 am

Post subject: [solo] NM Baal (Ahmel)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:04 am 

Hi guys!
I am looking for advice on how to beat NM Ahmel.

I'm playing with lvl 87 Fury druid with following skills maxed (Fury, Maul, Lycan, Oak sage).

Staff I am wearing:
Mountain Range cap
Death crafted feral axe
Holy crafted ornate plate
Silkweave boots
Lava gout gloves
String of ears
Elemental's gaze set

I do about 10k fury dmg and about 12k dmg with maul charged. I hit Ahmel but do very little damage to him. His life remains almost the same. And after 5 minutes of hitting him he has only 1/4 of life removed. Untill that time I have no pots left on the ground :evil: . What staff should I wear to be able to kill him fast (perhaps some amp staff? :roll: ).
I had same situation with worldstone golem. It was difficult but I killed him. And now I am stuck :(.
Please advice! :?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: [solo] NM Baal (Ahmel)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:14 am 

The no brainer options:
swap boots out for goreriders (crushing blow)
swap gloves out for blood crafts (crushing blow + life)

I don't think that amp matters for crushing blow when you are using sanctuary, but to be honest I am not really sure. You could try atma's for amp and see if it makes an impact or not.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:03 pm 

This is one of the few situations where you want lifetap. Try to get some dracul's. Sanctuary+LT works wonders on Achmel.

blue_myriddn wrote:
I don't think that amp matters for crushing blow when you are using sanctuary, but to be honest I am not really sure. You could try atma's for amp and see if it makes an impact or not.

Amp is useless versus Acheml in NM&Hell. He is physical immune even if the description says otherwise. Sanctuary is the only way to roll. The only time amp doesn't override sanctuary is when the undead mob's physical resistance is so high amp is unable take it below 0 resists(sorry for the shitty wording, best way I can explain it).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:13 pm 

I was intrigued by your response drrod so I did a little poking around and it seems that Sanctuary works like thus:

[quote=http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=726384]Sanctuary only works on physical resistances. It checks the physical resistance of an undead monster *after* the effects of amp or decrep and when it is positive, it is ignored (a physical hit would affect the undead monster as if his PR was 0). This includes values of 100 or higher.[/quote]

Sounds plausible and consistent with what little of sanctuary I have monkeyed with. Is also worded very well - I may have to pop this on to blue.arimyth.com as it is good intel.

Superb call on the dracs too. I bet he doesn't have access to them though based on his other gear

Offline Profile