Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 pm

Post subject: ISO: Trapsin advice :P
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:01 am 

My lightning trapper is currently lv.37. I would like to know your thoughts on her current equipment setup:

Iratha's set (Claw, Belt, Gloves, Helm)
Treads of Cthon (Boots)
Resist ring with +4 DR
Resist amulet
Manald Heal
Steelclash (resists + block.. do I need block?)
Sparking Mail (+10% Lightning Skill Damage)

Also noted: +% lit skill dmg doesn't affect Shock Web. + per Kill doesn't work with sentries because it is counted as minion kills.

I have 1 point in Claw Mastery, 1 in Blade Fury. The rest are scattered amongst the Lightning traps. I will note that my next level I will land a point in Death Sentry.

12 Shock Web
11 Charged Sentry
5 Lightning Sentry
3 Fade <- Working on this..!

Discuss:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: ISO: Trapsin advice :P
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:37 am 

Dual claw all the way with claw block. Otherwise search a bit, they have been covered before.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:46 am 

Everyone hates getting hit with Lower Resist. But thankfully Fade helps with that: not only will it boost your resists, it shrinks the curse's duration.

I've also noticed that attack speed affects trap placement speed as well.

I've gotten to lv.40, using The Ward. More resistances and DR/MDR than Steelclash. I've also swapped my resists amulet for Tancred's Weird, and my non-Manald ring for a +1 Assassin skills ring.

If I switch to a dual-claw setup now, I'll lose the resists and the DR/MDR as I didn't plan for a dual-claw setup. But if I make a fire trapper (which won't happen for a while) she will be using a dual-claw setup.

What should I do for armor, lv.40-wise? Should I craft one? If so, what kind?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:11 am 

You will change to dual claws at nm a2 or at lvl 60 if you already have two Jade Talons.

And yes, traps are affected by ias instead of fcr.

Heavenly Garb at lvl 43 is a no brainer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:32 pm 

I don't even have the lv.40 claws yet, despite Chiastics being in Act 5 normal. I do have a Heavenly Garb for her so that would work out well.

What I should've emphasized, is that this is my first trapper of any kind on HU because I haven't even given it a bother until now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 pm 

This shouldn't be a big deal really, but if you want to have the fastest Elemental crafted claws, search for lots of Greater Talons early on (Runic Talons also have the highest speed, but require more unnecessary str/dex). This means you only need 68 str/dex for your claw(s), and you don't necessarily need to worry too much about rolling IAS mods, since you may have more IAS from other gear and BoS. Keep in mind though, that your trap laying IAS does not benefit from both claws--only the first one that you equipped (remember this if you remove one or both claws).

If you have trouble finding magical Greater Talons, you can find them quite easily from gambling (not sure what level you can start doing this, maybe someone can give some input), since you can't gamble elite items in Hell Unleashed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:28 pm 

Yea I understood that. Just ask around and you'll get two jades from someone (Since I think you drop SC? Otherwise you can have some from me). They dop like candy once you have gotten to a2 nm, much more common than the lvl 40 ones.

Look for Skullders later on for the oskill attract, works well along with traps.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:00 am 

Have a fire trapper at meph normal so far, I think the lvl20, 40 or 60 claws, whichever you have or can trade for, socketed with gems of your element for the -res is a pretty good setup for lvl 20-60. Nice with +skills on both claws, -res and claw block for a unique item quality setup.

Now how on earth you gonna get that, if you don't have that? ;D. Hmm, I'd say get yourself 2 pgs and someone would probably trade you a lvl60 claw for a pg. Personally, I don't ask for items for free as a starting point, I think many have jade talons muled, so I think you can definately get ahold of some claws cheaply.

Good luck. :)

Offline Profile