Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am

Post subject: Single Player Farmer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:50 pm 

I generally play the mod on single player / TCP-IP with my girlfriend, and so far we've only had one duo of characters reach NM (Ice Zon and Zoomancer). We put those characters on hold a few months ago and have been rotating a few different teams, so we don't have any Hell characters and have several characters between us that are floating somewhere in Norm.

I would like to be able to supply them with gear from time to time - not full twinking, but just a hand-me-down or necessary item (like Rockfleece, etc.) without farming on every character that needs it, or hacking items in (I don't mind doing it on test characters but not on "real" ones).

That said, I installed PlugY on both our machines, and I'm now considering creating a single player farmer character to serve a dual purpose as item collector and mule (because of the shared stash feature in PlugY). Now I just need to decide on and raise the right character.

I created a lightning sorc, and was pondering a Static/Nova/Tstorm build for clearing out Tundra (I read a few posts saying Static cleans house pretty well in that regard). Should this be a viable build for this purpose? Or should I go with a different element (fire, I suppose?) or a different class altogether?

Thanks for any input! :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Single Player Farmer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:04 pm 

yeah either a light sorc or a bone necro will do they both can be equiped by crafting and both kill fast.

necro is probably your best bet since you can have your golem's tank what needs to be tanked and have an a1 merc to destroy things.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:56 pm 

Thanks for the input oZio. I'll probably go with an A1 merc either way just as a good source of physical damage. I have both characters made (nec and sorc) but will probably raise the sorc first.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:02 pm 

oZio wrote:
light sorc

sorcs are stupidly weak if they are not twinked properly ( or maybe I played too much HC )

Necros are gg choice of farming.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:24 pm 

Appreciate the input, Tony.

What would be your suggested build then? Golem mastery, choice of golem, swords, CE, and DK? Some combination of those and other skills? I imagine CE is the best bet for clearing trash, but as for a solo caster with no life buff, I guess golems swords and a DK are enough of a meat shield for you and your A1 merc?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:11 am 

sorc is fine as long as you have energy shield and a deep pool of mana and health. but yeah I definitely say do a bone nec over the sorc unless you like the game play more of a sorc it's up to you man.

Offline Profile