Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:11 pm

Post subject: Blad Fury Sin Questions..
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:04 pm 

Hey guys/gals,

Im pretty new to HU and im building a Blade fury sin in HC multiplayer. Iv got a few questions for down the road. Right now im level 20 so i just got blade fury. I Decided on:
1 BF
20 Claw Mastery
1 Corpse explostion trap w.e its called
15-20 Fade (Depending what happens with the rest of my skills)

Obvously ill want lots of CB and such goodies like that. I guess ill be using claws as i need the AR from claw mastery.

Now i need to figure out what i will be doing with the rest of my points. obviously ill have some in the preqs and 1 point wonders like CoS for safey reasons. Heres were im unsure as to what is next.
Do i max both Master and Warrior?
How will i deal with Immunities to my blades? maby dragon tail? but then i will only be able to max one of master or Warrior and ill need to concentrate even more on Dr% and such defenses.

Sorry if some of this has been covered i spent some time reading different posts but i get confused as to what version they are talking about and if they playing mp or sp and as iv seen this could have an effect on choice of skills.

Any help is appreciated :) hope to see you guy in game as well

Cheers,

Simmie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Blad Fury Sin Questions..
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:44 am 

Welcome to Hell Unleashed!

I haven't personally built a bladesin but I can provide a bit of information that should help you out. In no particular order -

Dragon Tail will not help you deal with physical immunes because it converts physical damage to fire damage. In other words, a physical immune monster would receive 0 physical damage, and Dragon Tail would then multiply that by X%; math shows us that 4000% of 0 is still zero, so you would do no fire damage.

Because of that (and for the nature of the character) it may be worth pursuing Venom, but there is a disagreement among the HU community as to Venom's worthiness as a source of damage.

Warrior is probably a better bet to max because of its skill levels, equipment possibilities, and life/resists.

For survivability's sake, you'll probably want to max Fade (especially in HC).

As for a merc, I'm not sure what to suggest - you'll already be doing physical damage, so an A1 merc might not be the best choice. On the other hand, having a tank might not hurt, a lá Act5 wolf or Act2 prayer.

I think there are a few other bladesin posts floating around, so while you've said you're read a few posts here and there, it may be worth searching for those as people with more experience than I probably added their $.02

:D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Blad Fury Sin Questions..
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:35 pm 
Game Server Host

venom is an ok second source of damage, it required prebuff equip though and alot of skill charms (that im in the process of snagging on hc). Chances are you will want shadow skills equip and charms anyway since buffing clawmastery will be a priority so venom will be at an ok level.
My wwsin uses blades alot of the time too, I just ww for trash and let the venom deal the damage. Its pretty much the build you have layed out above but with a chaos claw. at around level 45 venom you should be at around 8k venom (after onebuff from poison skill damage equip)

Offline Profile