Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

Post subject: Summon Druid
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:15 pm 

I'm still new to HU and having a blast. I am currently playing with a Summon Druid lv 21. I am killing fine, but will I always be able to kill so chill? Or will I find my self at the end of NM struggling? Its not too late for me to change to bear druid as my skills are as follows:
1 Lycan
1 Werebear
7 Oak Sage
1 Raven
1 Spirit Wolf
1 Dire Wolf
1 Poison Creeper
9 Saved Points

Any suggestions? The reason I Think I can still go bear is because In the past I have always put 1 skill into summons. Any way I just want some one to tell me that as a summoner I will be just dandy.(WereBear is my second and preferred choice) Maybe Post your set up too. Thanks in Advance.
-Shrader

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Summon Druid
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:26 pm 

A pure summoner needs HoW to kill decently later on unless you have fana, amp etc.

Mauler works great, awesome tank and a maxed oak is always a good support.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:31 pm 
Game Server Host

summon druid is fine as a farm char and a support build. If you want to deal with bosses you will need someone else with you like a ss druid or a barb. A good skill setup for a summon druid is
Max: Oak, Grizly, Dire Wolf, Grizzly, HoW
1 Point: carrion vine, SoB, pre reqs.

Your main power will come from an act 1 merc (physical usually). Load her up with max damage jewels early on and at level 50ish switch to all dexterity equip. Get her a decent high damage bow/xbow (eth if you can get a good one) and use faith javs yourself. The rest of your equip will be mainly + skills based and + summon skills. Enigma for the teleport obviously.

I used HoW against trash for the most part and Oak on bosses. You may want to just go HoW most of the time, especially if there is another druid in the team.
There are some good Maul druid guides around in the S&T section.Those will cover that side if thats the route you decide to take. If you want a farmer to use to find equip for other chars you may make then a summon druid is probs your best bet. They are also pretty easy to equip as you are usualy behind your summons and take very few hits.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:33 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
summon druid is fine as a farm char and a support build. If you want to deal with bosses you will need someone else with you like a ss druid or a barb. A good skill setup for a summon druid is
Max: Oak, Grizly, Dire Wolf, Grizzly, HoW
1 Point: carrion vine, SoB, pre reqs.

Your main power will come from an act 1 merc (physical usually). Load her up with max damage jewels early on and at level 50ish switch to all dexterity equip. Get her a decent high damage bow/xbow (eth if you can get a good one) and use faith javs yourself. The rest of your equip will be mainly + skills based and + summon skills. Enigma for the teleport obviously.

I used HoW against trash for the most part and Oak on bosses. You may want to just go HoW most of the time, especially if there is another druid in the team.
There are some good Maul druid guides around in the S&T section.Those will cover that side if thats the route you decide to take. If you want a farmer to use to find equip for other chars you may make then a summon druid is probs your best bet. They are also pretty easy to equip as you are usualy behind your summons and take very few hits.

You guys post fast Thanks a ton! I am Starting with a friend who is making a Summon Necro so we do have amp. Do I still need to max HoW if that is the case?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:37 pm 

Nah, he will want you to use oak anyway. One tip is go mauler for that duo, you will need a tank and someone to deal some damage on bosses.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:49 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh you wont need the extra summons, you will make a MUCH bigger impact as a melee bear. His summons + CE + merc + amp will destroy the trash and make a path for your big hulking form to wander through areas and get to bosses at a good speed. Once you get to them you will take over as the brute force and will take care of the bosses. Theres not much a melee druid and a summy nec cant do together.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:56 pm 

Okay thanks a bunch both of you guys!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:39 pm 

remember to have fun :-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:25 pm 

Kannli wrote:
remember to have fun :-)

Always!
But it would not be fun to get to hell as a summoner druid and not be ale to kill anything agreed? That was my biggest Concern.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:58 pm 

So my Summon Druid is Now lvl 37 in act three almost to trav. He is doing well now that he has Grizzly and more points in Dire wolf. I am going to put Vid set on my Phy merc for the amp. I have a few things I will be able to use in my 40's too to up my summon skills.
I have most my of my points in Dire Wolf, and now adding to Grizzly every lvl. Also have a good amount in Oak which I have not needed really. I have one point in HoW which I keep out most of the time.

The friend that had the summon Necro remade a Bow Zon as well. I made a Maul druid to lvl up with him so now I have BOTH! lol
Thanks again guys! See you on the HU.

Offline Profile