Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 am

Post subject: SP Diablo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:22 pm 

Ok, so I have been weaving through previous threads, and I can't fid any good advice on fighting Big D in SP.

I currently have a 52 barb with overly maxed fire resist and maxed lightning resist for the fight. I have 3.5k life buffed, and I dish out around 1600 damage on both concentration and WW. I have around 15% cb, so its not much to brag about.

The problem is that I can't stay alive near long enough to even dent him. I cast amplify, but it goes away after like 4 seconds.

Do I need to be a higher level? His stupid purple lightning just destroys me, even with my resists and some DR. What kind of items are good for this fight?

I've run the sanctuary 3 times now trying to beat him, but I keep getting absolutely dominated, and I don't have any idea how to get past this.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: SP Diablo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:48 pm 

some good opinions here: http://blue.arimyth.com/ (last tab is "bosses" - click that)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 pm 
Game Server Host

fill armour and helm with diamonds. 3 perf in a sigs helm and 3 perf in a sigs armour will see you through the fight with ease

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 pm 

Those are general multiplayers advices, and dont rly concern into SP, where you cant get a party at all and your equipment is much limited.

Lvl up a lil bit . run "/players 4" and begin to do RoF/Chaos Sanctuary runs ( if you kill fast enough with 4 players, go on 5 or 6 for better exp ) till lvl 55-56. Those 4 extra lvls will help you, specially the lvl 55 reaching, when u will be able to use StarStone gems.

If you are low of gold and gems get all junk as possible on those lvl up runs you will do for selling, and say thanks to the huge horadric cube xD.
Equip yourself with a power craft armor. That ctc frozen armor when struck will be helpful due to the, minimal but existing DR/MDR it gives, and ofc the def boost ( xcept when berserking ). 4 sox it with StarStones Diamonds and/or SS Rubies. Maybe diamonds are your best bet, 3,5k life in single player is ok with enough pots =).
Same with helm: sox it and go on SS diamonds. You can try to get a forcefist ( the guys before Diablo drop it ) : 3 sox and useful mods.

If you dont like that:
PureRage-DoD wrote:
fill armour and helm with diamonds. 3 perf in a sigs helm and 3 perf in a sigs armour

----------------------
15% cb... donno where is that cb on ur gear, but equip urself with blood craft gloves and goblin toes. String of Ears can be really handful, if u manage to get it .

Jewelry and weaponry is more or less at ur choice ( donno which mastery did you choose/maxed, so no further advices xD )... but make sure your weapon is fast enough.

=======

Fighting diablo:
First of all, get a bunch of healing and juv pots. Drop em on floor randomly so you can pick em up if the need arises. Of course, keep some on ur own inventory.
Get close to diablo , dont hit him. Check the dmg he can deal you with the new equipment and DR boost. Avoid WWinding him, IM can rape you , as you noticed alrdy :P , instead of that, get infront on him and do some concs. when you are IM, change to berzerk ( I hope you invested at least a pt in it ).
When you run berzerk, you will need to mass pots, and do hit & run , be sure to keep hitting him and never running too far away from BigDee. If the lightning kamehameha yet hurts you bad, avoid it when he begins to cast it. Same with the Super-Firestorm.
Hotkey "leap" or "leapattack" in case he boneprison you, so u are not gonna waste time crushing those bones , or dying vs IM - boneprison combo xD
Dont expect too much from your merc, he will die in 2 secs if he's act2 , the others can survive a lil longer. If its rogue, you can wear her with some shit bow with ctc amp when striking, ( vidala is so easy to get, but its only 2% ctc ; other rare bows/xbows got 5% ) so you dont have to rely on ur amp charges so often although she proly will die eventually.
Another option is just being a bullhead barb: go on berserk and hit him. With enough patience, DR, MDR and pots/juvs, I'm pretty sure you would be able to solo him . Risky, though. And not funny at all

=========================================

Those are my "few" advices. I'm pretty sure some of you guys wont like em, but I dont care at all, they worked for me, and thats the most important thing :D

Love ♥

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:54 pm 

Love the advice. Yeah I put 1 into berserk. I'm gonna do the leveling runs you suggested.

I went with mace mastery, and I'm using a Bonesnap maul. Other crushing blow comes from Rattlecage. Should I consider a faster weapon perhaps?

I will definitely try the starstone diamonds in my sigs helm. I'll let you know how it goes!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:05 pm 
Game Server Host

gamble mauls untill you get a war club (magic one) then craft it with a starstone skull. quad socket it with amethysts till its at 80ias then use any remaining sockets for ed jewels or ith runes etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:37 pm 

tonykantos wrote:

You can try to get a forcefist ( the guys before Diablo drop it ) : 3 sox and useful mods.

What is Force Fist? I'm certain I've seen it before, but unfortunately the item names on the Critter Killer site aren't searchable by Google so I can't reference it.

Back on topic, the above advice should definitely carry you through. I personally prefer having Rockfleece for the minor resistances and %DR, but Power Armor stuffed with diamonds should do just as well (or better, I might just be stubborn).

Also, you may want to consider finding an Ironstone or crafting a one-handed Death mace and running a shield setup. You may not get the greatest block (unless you switch an emerald in for one of the diamonds in your helm/armor) but it's another place to stack resist and boost your defense.

$.02 :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:45 pm 

BaTz281 wrote:
What is Force Fist? I'm certain I've seen it before, but unfortunately the item names on the Critter Killer site aren't searchable by Google so I can't reference it.

Forcefist
Assault Helmet
Required Level: 40
Required Strength: 55
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+150% Enhanced Defense
+10% Increased Attack Speed
25% Bonus to Attack Rating
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
Socketed (3)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:05 pm 

Thanks for that, Blue, silly me went looking for it under weapons and gloves :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:09 pm 

Ok just took down diablo with relative ease. Shifted to Sigs Armor and Helm, both with 3 Perfect Diamonds, and crafted an amazing War Club with 280 max damage and 57 IAS. 4 Sockets and this thing does double my old damage and goes about 400 times faster. I am absolutely destroying the game again...at least for now!

Only bad thing was Diablo's drops...but it was all worth it in the end!

Thank you very much for all of the advice everyone!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:16 am 
Game Server Host

np, and good job!

Offline Profile