Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:19 am

Post subject: New to game building a barb tank
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:30 pm 

Greetings all. Making a Barb. First let me say I am brand spanking new to the game and to this mod so I am just learning the ropes. I have read about every post on this bored so I have been piecing together a Barb build.
I will be playing with a friend and he will be playing a poison necro. As for me my build will look to be as follows

20 into mastery
20 into inc. stam
20 into concentrate
20 into bezerk
20 into bo

and ofcourse the 1 point each in the pre req's and one point wonders.

As for stats I was looking at 50 into str, 10 to dex 10 to energy and the rest into vita.

Now for the questions.

Every thing I have read so for for this mod this build should be pretty decent however is there any thing i should change up or tweak? Also as for the mastery which weapon would be the best recomendation. Keep in mind I will be tanking. Would sword be a good choice. From what I have read especially being new I can go with the cleglaw's set, goblin toe boots and a rattle cage chest and get about 20 percent to cb obviosly with a few other items ill need to max out resists and get some dr. Or would a different weapon be a better choice.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New to game building a barb tank
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:57 pm 
Game Server Host

that looks fine to me build wise. Your best bet is to do mastery last. That means you can add 1 to 2 or 3 masterys for the ar boost and you can change weapons depending on what you come across in game. My friend made a sword barb but he used maxes, axes and swords in the early/mid game untill he found a grandfather sword and decided on swords since he already had that covered.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New to game building a barb tank
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:13 pm 

Thanks Rage. Think that might be the better way to go then ill beef up concentrate before a mastery for attack power and dammage

Offline Profile