Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

Post subject: Slow_Motion: Cold Pally
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:43 am 

Hmm what would be an ideal set-up for a cold pally?

What combats skills should be used?

Endgame gear?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Slow_Motion: Cold Pally
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:15 am 

"Self-experience is the best teacher"
"Messing up chars and remaking them is the second best teacher "

I suggest you to do the char, try the skills which might be a nice combo on paladin, try different equipments and see the efectivenesss vs trash and/or bosses, and then, when you'd have no idea about what to do... then, come to the forum and ask the "veteran guys with experience with every single char in HU" =P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:15 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BumcoxotNb0
hi

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:02 pm 

LmT wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BumcoxotNb0
hi

lmao i had this song in my head when i wrote the post.

good call. Slow_Motion Has been created =)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:58 am 

i just mentioned to a guy my auradin build on this forums, same for u, check it out. will give u some more information soon.
Hope helps.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:26 pm 

Two choices: Zeal and Vengeance.

I'd use zeal, personally.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:38 pm 
Game Server Host

zeal or bust, vengance is too slow

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:51 pm 

Zeal will unquestionably be more effective with its faster attack speed and will also really help you out with leeching. Pretty much a non-debate as to which is more effective.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:01 pm 

You might want to try using Multishot with a suitable bow/gloves. That way you can pump your dex (like glass-cannon Zons), giving you a lot of SkillED for leach, as well as high ARating. The main problem will probably be gearing up with +AllSkills while getting enough Diamonds or leach to stay safe. Doing this will also gain you a 2nd element of physical damage.

Since Multishot's damage is primarily from stats, you'll be just as good a Multidin as any Amazon, but you'll need to aim your spread to encapsulate the criiters, rather than just aimlessly spamming 180 degrees. Since Multishot arrows can only hit a target once, you won't need high %Pierce in most cases. Just aim far past a line of monsters to send most of the arrows straight ahead. Even if an arrow gets absorbed by a critter, the others will "pierce" through it to hit the guys behind (very useful in Maggot lair, Cave-areas, etc). If you get Multishot up to about lvl 8, that's plenty for like 90% of encounters. You should consider a strong-tank merc to help focus critters.

You might still want to transform to Zeal in some situations, but Multishot will be excellent for trash.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:39 pm 

Brevan wrote:
You might want to try using Multishot with a suitable bow/gloves. That way you can pump your dex (like glass-cannon Zons), giving you a lot of SkillED for leach, as well as high ARating. The main problem will probably be gearing up with +AllSkills while getting enough Diamonds or leach to stay safe. Doing this will also gain you a 2nd element of physical damage.

Since Multishot's damage is primarily from stats, you'll be just as good a Multidin as any Amazon, but you'll need to aim your spread to encapsulate the criiters, rather than just aimlessly spamming 180 degrees. Since Multishot arrows can only hit a target once, you won't need high %Pierce in most cases. Just aim far past a line of monsters to send most of the arrows straight ahead. Even if an arrow gets absorbed by a critter, the others will "pierce" through it to hit the guys behind (very useful in Maggot lair, Cave-areas, etc). If you get Multishot up to about lvl 8, that's plenty for like 90% of encounters. You should consider a strong-tank merc to help focus critters.

You might still want to transform to Zeal in some situations, but Multishot will be excellent for trash.

Hitting breakpoints seems like it would be pretty difficult in addition to the +all skill gear.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:05 pm 
Game Server Host

shael rune in the bow, ias jewels in helm and armour. A decent bp to hit is 75 IAS if you were using a long bow, speeds may vary depending on your bow choice. that seen my fire bow pally through for a long time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:23 pm 

Angel wrote:
Hitting breakpoints seems like it would be pretty difficult in addition to the +all skill gear.
Yeah, I suppost a fast attack will be relatively hard to achieve, but I find that for trash or bosses, getting a few breakpoints less than the cap is alright. The change in damage from something like 4-frame attack to 3 frame is excellent (+33%), but the change from something like 10 frames to 9 frames isn't really worth it (+11%). The sacrifices to get that speed are offset by a reduced damage attack, i.e. many weak attacks isn't always better than fewer strong attacks.

For example, I've got a lvl 75 Freezing Arrow Zon who has a decent attack speed normally (probably 11 frames), but when slowed and then slow-cursed drops to something rediculous (probably 40 frames, definitely more than 30). However, 1 Freezing Arrow with 100% peirce practically clears a room, so I don't really care if I released it in the first second of battle, or the next. Also, I've got enough diamonds in her gear that she survives being surrounded by trash while she's attempting to fire relatively slowly.

All that aside, Multishot is just something for him to try out and consider. It might be fun, but I'm sure it won't be the next Flavour of the Month or something. Right now, Hell HU is all about the cookie-cutters, or at least phys-damage based builds. Holy Freeze Pallies won't stand up to much past NM.

Offline Profile