Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:38 pm

Post subject: Bonemancer Chiastics (MP)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:25 pm 

My bonemancer, nb_Chiastics (level 35) is having trouble with mana. More than that, mana recovery is becoming a problem! I have about 350 mana along with around 550 life. The problem is:

1> How can I get more mana recovery for my necromancer? If so, what should I look for?
2> I don't want to spend more in Energy early. I want to keep building Vitality so he can be efficient and yet stay alive.
3> I am trying to build Sander's set. Is it viable in any way for a bonemancer?

Last edited by NewBastige on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Bonemancer Chiastics (MP) problem
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:51 pm 

Mana per kill is a very effective way to keep your blue bulb nice and full. Caster craft armor and gloves give mucho mana per kill early on, as well as Tir runes. It's not hard to get 40-50 mpk on a quad-socketed caster craft armor.

I'd prefer uniques and other sets over Sanders early game. Hsarus isn't bad for awhile, neither is full or partial Angelics. Eventually you'll just want to switch over to a full unique/rare set up when you can.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:11 am 

Full hsarus along with full angelics with 2 angelic rings will go a long way. And get a a2 merc and give him a insight. Or just use the insight yourself.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:35 am 

Insight would be very nice, but the problem is, I don't have one for a merc. I know how to make it, mind you; it's just that harnessing the runes is a problem.

As for the Angelic set: Great, I gotta find a pair! :P Hehe, looks like my pally will be using Civerb's for a while.

EDIT: Whoa, talk about "Ask and you shall receive"! I just completed Angelic set by killing a few monsters in Flayer :D

The dual set seems to be pretty viable, from the looks of it. Thanks for that suggestion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:54 am 

NewBastige wrote:
My bonemancer, nb_Chiastics (level 35) is having trouble with mana. [...]with around 550 life. [...]

No troubles with vitality though? I find that very low for your lvl. Keep angelics for a while, you will get both mana boost and vitality.

NewBastige wrote:
Insight would be very nice, but the problem is, I don't have one for a merc. I know how to make it, mind you; it's just that harnessing the runes is a problem.

As said before , put insight runeword into an a2 merc at all costs. Go into kurast , get all the runes you can from the zealots, spikefists, etc... and transmute them till you get sol ( if you get 3 amns the job will be done early ). The other runes can be farmed with ease in Kurast, or Countess act1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:37 pm 

NewBastige wrote:

As for the Angelic set: Great, I gotta find a pair! :P Hehe, looks like my pally will be using Civerb's for a while.

EDIT: Whoa, talk about "Ask and you shall receive"! I just completed Angelic set by killing a few monsters in Flayer :D

The dual set seems to be pretty viable, from the looks of it. Thanks for that suggestion.

I assume the reason you can't make an Insight is the lack of a Sol rune. I know I've got more than a few lying around my rune mule.

Hit me up, I'll toss ya one. *Abominae

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:13 pm 

Well, I do now have a Sol rune. The problem is that I am trying to find a decent polearm for the merc to use, or that I can use the runeword myself if at all possible. If I go the way of the merc using it, I just have to keep him from dying :/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:41 pm 
Game Server Host

if you use it yourself you get the fcr bonus of medi, if your merc uses it you wont. I forget the numbers now but its a hefty jump including the fcr on it already. something like 70% iirc. you may wanna consider using it if you are struggling for fcr

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:17 am 

Right now his mid-game setup is:

+1 from wand
+1 Magefist
+1 armor (vipermagi, which someone gave to me)
+1 helm (Tarnhelm)
+1 shield (Spirit)
+1 Amulet (Eye)
+1 Belt (Lenymo)
+1 from rings (+2 total)

+9 all skills. Teeth range between 2K-3K damage after base-point synergies. Even after maxed teeth, you can only get 24 at most, just like you can only get 24 arrows at most with multishot - but the damage still stacks with teeth. :D

I have quite a bit of FCR and, with teeth and the setup, I still have a little bit of a mana problem. Fortunately, when I run for sockets or 29-level runes, they do drop enough mana potions to keep me going (which isn't much!)

I'm afraid that if I do equip Insight I might lose at most +2 skills unless it works on a flail. If it works on a flail I can only lose +1 skill (from the wand).

The question is, before I waste a Sol, does it work on a flail?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:22 am 

Use a random war scepter ( best if ethereal cause of -10 str requeriments :P ). Donno if it works on flails... but -> go on scepter xD

And yes, "wasting" sol rune worths it , because you will get even more fcr, 33% from the RW itself, and another % fcrboost from medi aura ( donno how much exactly )

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:14 am 

I managed to get Insight on a flail because it counts as a mace. Thanks to that, I can have more room for healing pots and less room for mana pots :D

That's not a waste of a Sol rune though - I managed to find another :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:55 pm 

I only run out of mana against bosses, and even then 2 lines of mana pots tends to keep me going.

Caster armor with 4x amn works wonders for both keeping your mana up and hitting fcr bps(75-125 are the last two).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:08 pm 

I keep mana pots with me when I do run out of mana. I was given a "White" wand (!!) by a fellow bonemancer - how godly! - and now I keep the "Insight" flail on the weapon switch so I can recover mana in times I don't need to fight but yet I'm traveling.

If that's cheating, then I don't know what is :D

But I have good news: At 55, Chiastics has maxed Bone Spirit! Now, he will focus on building Bone Spear to maximize the potential.

I'll take the next level to throw in Amplify Damage though. That was the heel of my build, so now I should have all bases covered.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Bonemancer Chiastics (MP)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:43 pm 

Insight on switch(main hand) is a waste, yes. Throw it on a5 merc(but you could do that insight in a scepter and throw it on a3 cold for max slow). Caster gloves/silks is all you need for mana(sock hat with amn for fcr), for bosses stock 20-30 mana pots and you'll be ok(if you really want to solo em, otherwise blades/clay/dec/spear for minor dmg).

I'm happy that you like that white :) Get spirit in +3clay nec shield also ;)
Quote:
No troubles with vitality though? I find that very low for your lvl. Keep angelics for a while, you will get both mana boost and vitality.
do you even have any teeth nec, lol.

Offline Profile