Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:11 pm

Post subject: rushing a char straight to hell
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:29 pm 

where do i then go for teh phat levels? Im level 6 and in nightmare atm, do i continue on through to hell act 4 and do chaos sanc runs?

cheers.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: rushing a char straight to hell
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:07 pm 

marelic wrote:
where do i then go for teh phat levels? Im level 6 and in nightmare atm, do i continue on through to hell act 4 and do chaos sanc runs?

cheers.

I think too low to get exp? I was leveling a char about lv 5 and couldn't get exp in act 2 norm... :(
but you can just finish quest and go to hell and then lv up on own time i guess ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:58 am 

Here's a link to some information regarding EXP in D2. I'm pretty sure it still applies to HU, except for the "reduced expereince after level 70"

1) If the monster level is more than 10 different from yours, then you gain 5% exp, if it's within 5 levels then you gain 100% exp. But, if you're above level 25 and the monster level is higher than yours, then you gain exp equal to your level divided by monster level. So if you're level 25, and the monster is level 100, then you gain 25% exp, if the monster was level 75, you'd gain 33% exp.

2) When any party member (even you) kills a monster, you gain exp based on your level compared to total party levels. If you're level 5 partied with a level 100, then you gain 5/(100+5)% exp, or about 5% exp. If you were level 25, then you'd gain 25/(100+25), or 20% exp. If you were level 50 with another level 50, then you'd gain 50/(50+50), or 50% exp.

3) The player giving the killing blow gets a 10% exp bonus. This bonus is based on the inflated exp of the monster with many players in game (so it ignores rule 2), but only applies if there are players in your area (2 ppl in Blood Moor)

Rule 1 and 2 are cumulative, so your level 5 would get getting about 5% of 5% (0.25%) experience per monster killed by the level 100 char. I suppose if you were in Hell Tundra, then you could level a bit. By the time you were level 50, you'd be getting 5% of 33%, (1.5%) of the experience from kills.

I guess you just need a dense area for monsters, so maybe Tundra (if you can survive the catapults), River of Flame (there are some rare debris flames that can hit you), or maybe Flayer Jungle.

Some people get their kicks from rushing a char to Hell as a level 1, I hope you had fun.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:38 am 

marelic wrote:
hell act 4[...] and do chaos sanc runs?

Does that even exist here in HU? :|

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:48 pm 

Ive done this a few times. get them hell a5 an tundra them takes about one run to get from 1-25. then second run will be 25 to 55 third run ur gonna be around lvl 75 4 the run 80+ usally takes about 1.5 hrs of decent tundra runs an ur close to 90. Best way to do it is just hug the walls around tundra. keeps u safe an is easiest to kill mobs without fear of low lvl dying a ton.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:31 pm 

been experimenting with a lvl 70 char i have and just using anya's portal and the exp was great, no need the kill the necro if you don't want to.

5 runs and it lvled her to lvl 74 and takes about 1 or 2 mins to complete run, abit longer if you want to kill the boss.

Offline Profile