Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:52 am

Post subject: Planning phase: Shadow Blader (assassin) (MP)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:07 am 

Okay, I think it's time for me to bring out nb_Silence, a shadow blader. What's this?

It uses blade traps and one of the two shadows available.

What I'm thinking:

20 Blade Fury
20 Blade Shield
10 Blade Sentinel

that's 50...

4 prereq's for Shadow Warrior: Claw Mastery, Claw Block, Psychic Hammer, CoS

passing Shadow Warrior to Shadow Master: 5 prereq's

20 Shadow Warrior (or) Shadow Master

that's 75...

But here comes the problem:

+5 Mind Blast (for conversion purposes)

makes 80. Meaning there is a lack in skills dept. for BoS/Fade. I am looking for Fade because of the +res and +DR%

And since if she's going mostly ranged, Mastery may be of no use. Or is there?

I don't think an assassin would work well without a shadow. Has someone played a successful assistant assassin that doesn't use a shadow?

Yes, I said assistant. She definitely won't be solo, and is not for solo.

My Questions are this:

1> Is it possible if I can just reduce Blade Shield and Sentinel by 5 so I can up Claw Mastery to 10? That way, if she's going claws, she will at least have critical strike and extra damage?
2> What weapon, if not claws, would be useful for this class?
3> What boosts damage of the blades is the weapon you're using. Depending on the weapon, how would I lay out STR/DEX?
4> How much NRG is considered enough for a basic amount (letting skills and +mana boost the rest)?
5> Same for VIT?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Planning phase: Shadow Blader (assassin) (MP)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:04 am 

The easiest way to figure out the Blade fury damage is to just look at your regular attack damage on the char screen, also check out your chance to hit stuff. BladeFury does twice the listed damage (I'm not confident about the elemental addditions being doubled), and has the listed ARating. Idon't know if the DoubleStrike effect of BFury doubles the damage after SkillED, or if it's just a +100% SkillED addition (neither option is great, but the first is much better).

There's supposed to be a hidden 10% ARating boost with BFury per level, but I checked the skill files and didn't see any mention of it, so I'm not so sure anymore.

BFury and BSentinel doesn't use your weapon durability, so eth weapons are an obvious choice to use. If you use Claws, then you get the benefits of ClawMastery (the ARating in particular is curcial, and Critial Strike is always nice) are applied. Weapon speed is irrelevant, you get 5 blades a second.

The Synergy between the blade skills only affects the added physical damage of the blades, not your weapon damage. This means that a fully synergized BFury will add 5 times it's regular damage, so at level 1, it adds 20-40 instead of 4-8.

There's several mods that can be applied to BFury, like DeadlyStrike, life leach, etc. The only important one is CBlow, and I suppose IgnoreTargetDefence (I assume -50% def from Eth rune works). Many view BFury as a 1-point Wonder with CBlow gear, similar to Smite, but without the auto-hit.

BladeShield does similar damage (just your regular attack). I think it also uses ARating, since I've noticed it miss (but that might have been server desync). One of the biggest issues of BladeShield is that it goes through weapon durability very quickly. With that skill, you're essentially attacking everything around you (maybe 6 critters) with your regular attack. That means it takes dozens of hits to bring the critters down, so your weapon durability goes fast.

BladeSentinel damage is applied only once per second, but it's stil quite nice for low levels (loses it's charm around A4 or A5 norm). Later, people prefer to cast a couple blades rather than send out 1 BSentinel.

NewBastige wrote:
1> Is it possible if I can just reduce Blade Shield and Sentinel by 5 so I can up Claw Mastery to 10? That way, if she's going claws, she will at least have critical strike and extra damage?
2> What weapon, if not claws, would be useful for this class?
3> What boosts damage of the blades is the weapon you're using. Depending on the weapon, how would I lay out STR/DEX?
4> How much NRG is considered enough for a basic amount (letting skills and +mana boost the rest)?
5> Same for VIT?

1) You should max CMastery as first priority
2) Claws for the ARating are the way to go, may as well be Eth unless you're using BShield (in which case go indistructible, or hopefully repairs-self)
3) Lay out Str/Dex just like any other build, play to your comort, but try to put as much into Vit as you can. I guess 50 str and 30 dex might be reasonable if you don't have a lot of gear.
4) Personally I like a few points in energy to start, but generally not more than 15. You can manage with 5 energy, but I don't find it as enjoyable early on.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:29 am 

Okay, so I am using Fade. The benefit of maxing blade fury doesn't seem so much of an idea, assuming that blade fury indeed doesn't get any AR bonus despite the listing.

And yes, Claw Mastery seems to help a lot (although she's got.. 12 now? before doing the prereq dance). I junked a few skill points into Blade Sentinel because that only does 1/2 weapon damage - such a pain to use - but at least it helped me survive until the 20 mark.

Level 21 I switched to a good roll on Blade Talons.

And level 24 I switched to a good roll on Scissors Katar. :D I notice that in HU that Blade Fury does 4/4 instead of 3/4 weapon damage. Which is one reason that I might consider maxing blade fury anyway (for the extra damage).

I might have to reset my blader (I am using nb_SilenceToo) so I can redo the skill tree a bit. I will be dropping Blade Shield, which frees 20 points.

Those free points will go into Fade. I will be stuck with a couple points in Shadow Warrior but that doesn't matter, since both shadows can be cast now in HU.

All I have to do now is get to level 36 to get Shadow Master.

Edit One: I have just found the gloves to go with Death's belt so I can get 25% IAS and 10% LL. I also found Sander's Riprap which is 40% frw and +100 AR. The Scissors Katar rare spawned with +10% IAS. I am using Albrecht's armor which is 5% ML (mana leech) so I can keep throwing blades at leechables. Not only that, the +4 damage and big +def boost seems to keep her from getting hit most of the time.

All I need now is a good shield with higher block.

EDIT: Rerolling... Setup below

Last edited by NewBastige on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:07 am 

Updated setup.

Early consideration:

20 Claw Mastery
4-7 Burst of Speed (yeah, I know, more than 1 point seems wasteful, even more than 4, but need more time and speed!)
1 in prerequisites for Shadow Warrior (3)
1 in Blade Sentinel
1 in Blade Fury

Mid consideration:
1 Mind Blast
Points in Shadow Warrior until Master
10 Shadow Master
20 Blade Fury

Late consideration:
Max Shadow Master
Max Shadow Warrior

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:21 am 

I would rather spread those points on both shadows instead of BoS, thats such a waste in mid / late game, when your equip gives enough +skills to cover your runwalk speed.
If you really want to be fast on early game, get sander boots. Tag along with BoS low lvl , you get an awesome frw.

more than 1 pt in BoS does not seem wasteful; IT'S a waste imo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:38 pm 

I've ditched adding a 4th point in BoS because imo it's not all that much of an improvement from just 3 points. I found the lv.20 unique claw (Strike Fist) and I'm currently looking for a +max dmg jewel for it. I used a skull so I can ease up on the life leech gear a bit, but even I find that not much of a use in easing up that gear.

IMO something like Iratha's that I used in SP could be useful here. But I gotta find/gamble the set first. :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:27 pm 

NewBastige wrote:
I'm currently looking for a +max dmg jewel for it.

If you dont find awesome jewels, put a pair of ith runes. adds 4-12 dmg each, so u get 8 mini, 24 max dmg boost.

NewBastige wrote:
IMO something like Iratha's that I used in SP could be useful here. But I gotta find/gamble the set first. :P

Are u online? I could help ya with that

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:04 am 

I don't know when today (because of insane changes in schedule) but I'll find you when I get on. Thank you!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:04 pm 

I'm on now, if need be :)

Right now, 25, maxing claw mastery since I have shadow warrior at decent level.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 pm 

Planning until 36: Finish Claw Mastery then go Shadow Warrior until I get Master? Or should I invest in SW until I get SM?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:27 pm 

I would max fade meanwhile... and wait for the shadow master. I rather prefer to max the 2nd shadow due to extra resistances per lvl and the mindblast spam she often casts, I love that... but its only my preference :mrgreen:

oh, btw, my acc: *tonykantos

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:52 pm 

I know the account :P You're in Hardcore, I'm not.

Offline Profile