Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:36 am

Post subject: Some bowazon noob questions
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:26 pm 

About the base vit that a Softcore bowazon must had..As i get it most of bowazons max dex and have a base vit around 50?more or less..just enouph strength to wear gear.The remaining go to dex..So i assume that this way built bowazon with 50 base vit on hell difficulty can get the things done?I mean with about 1k life (unbuffed) she can last the attacks??what she does when she cant leech at all(undead mobs)? :o
Also what about resistances?im already in nightmare and my elemental resists sucks..tho i have some Mdr.

Something more--> because i have around 55% chance on dodje skills is vital to use high def items?(what is "generally speaking" a normal damage of guided and multiple on a 90+ bowazon? more than 25k-20k?) :shock: Thx

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Some bowazon noob questions
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm 

well i'm no expert but 50 sounds a bit low for any class, you'll be one shotted by monsters aoe with that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 pm 

50 base isnt viable unless you have a host of good charms, and i mean 50+ 20life small charms. and its not like bnet where hundreds upon hundreds of players play, so good luck getting that much.

never played a bowzon here, but i would guess you would want more of a split vit/dext stat allocation. not sure exactly how much though would be great.

i dunno, 50 just seems like it wont work. having 1k life unbuffed means you will be dieing in one shot like ozio said, so the leech wont matter.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:34 am 

muleofal wrote:
50 base isnt viable unless you have a host of good charms, and i mean 50+ 20life small charms. and its not like bnet where hundreds upon hundreds of players play, so good luck getting that much.

never played a bowzon here, but i would guess you would want more of a split vit/dext stat allocation. not sure exactly how much though would be great.

i dunno, 50 just seems like it wont work. having 1k life unbuffed means you will be dieing in one shot like ozio said, so the leech wont matter.

He's right.

What you need in your character is more VIT. If you are suffering in the life category and can't seem to level your character as much, do find items that will give you life. Also, hunt for rares that will give +life and +resists.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:44 am 

50 vit may work in official d2 but obviously not in hell unleashed. Hell unleashed's monsters are much more crazy that you have to boost ur life to keep you safe. I have a bowzon with over 40 mdr and max all resists that is safe enough in front of monsters except for bosses.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:02 pm 

I run base 5 vit and hit around 11k health with oak and BO.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:32 pm 

to hit that high of life with 5 base vit, you would need a lot of life charms, and that Bo/oak are coming from a barb/druid.

in reality, its not viable. you would need to twink gear over. he would never be able to get through normal or nightmare with that little of life and no charms.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:08 pm 

Lots of 40+/max charms

Barb BO
Druid Oak

Win.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:12 pm 

muleofal wrote:
to hit that high of life with 5 base vit, you would need a lot of life charms, and that Bo/oak are coming from a barb/druid.

as i mentioned :D

of course its possible, but its not guaranteed you will have a barb and a druid around. and its not guaranteed he has a ton of high life charms at his disposal. he seems new around here, so for his first character its not recommended.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 am 

Well my Bowa was my first character, even without the life charms you can survive relatively well with oak/bo.

I'd say a good starter Bowa would run ~150 vit before any bonuses, but really it's all preference and who you're playing with.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:45 am 
Game Server Host

with oak/bo...

fair enough but you dont have those skills yourself and they are not always around. Especialy as bo is only granted at 28. You could get away with it on sc I guess. How did you find bosses with such low vit? like andy, duriel (quake would rape), mephy (counters would rape), diab (he likes the girls, lets face it) and baal + his minions. There is so much AOE from bosses that realisticaly, 5 base vit is not reasonable. You are dealing no damage when you are dead and having to run back to the boss every 2 mins. I would suggest 100ish base vita so you can at least take a hit or 2 and be of use in the early game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:00 pm 

Is not waste to remind that doing low vita chars can be a bad habit on HC :)

Also, getting rushed trhough a bunch of acts with even doing a single hit to any prime evil is a really bad habit.

Lets face that, A ngel: I dont believe you ran through whole acts killin every sub-boss with that 5 base vita.

PureRage-DoD wrote:
like andy, duriel (quake would rape), mephy (counters would rape), diab (he likes the girls, lets face it) and baal + his minions. .

And jugger , that son of a b&/·$#%!

And as DoD said, team oak/bo wont be there always .
Glass cannons 4tl

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:09 pm 

not taking any sides or anything, but i just started a bow zon last night and she is currently lvl 34. She is base stats with all into dex so far and ive soloed act 1/2 and am working on 3 at the moment. granted i do have like 20 13-15 life sc's. With that being said, i've only died twice.

base vit is doable if u have the gear/charms to do it.

side note: if i dont have any ed/ias jewels, what should i socket into my lvl 50 gothic bow? would ko's work? or should i try and get ed jewels? max jewels?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:13 pm 

ddrudge wrote:
ive soloed act 1/2 and am working on 3 at the moment.

Firsts normal diffficulty acts are a joke. You will encounter some problems on chaos sanctuary , ancients, and baal minions. Also chaos knights/ WS golems can be awful. Later on NM and hell you will suffer everywhere. A lot. And ofc, you say you got 20 x sustenance scs... that does things easier.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:55 pm 

ddrudge wrote:
i've only died twice.

Fail. Even more so since the difficulty in early norm is too damn easy now. Shouldn't die at all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:47 pm 

Ok--yep i have 150 base vit now--also thats my first char--from what i hear i think that -to live without party i must be way more high than 50 vit--thanks any1 for replying. :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:20 pm 
Game Server Host

Utter wrote:
ddrudge wrote:
i've only died twice.

Fail. Even more so since the difficulty in early norm is too damn easy now. Shouldn't die at all.

This.
Pretty much everything up to mephy is doable alone without any risk of death with the ease of norm now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:30 pm 

Fail my ass. Do you know the conditions of how i died? Maybe iwas afk, maybe i wanted to try something. Don't judge thinking your superior when your not. YOU DONT KNOW ME!~ :lol:

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Utter wrote:
ddrudge wrote:
i've only died twice.

This.
Pretty much everything up to mephy is doable alone without any risk of death with the ease of norm now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:25 pm 

anyone gort some end game gear for a zon? i got my 511 ctc amp eth GMB, holy 4 dex armor, con ring,wisp, cta/ HHG on switch, maybe maras, champ fist, nos coil, war travs? kiras or crafted helm, or crafted gloves with ias Knockback, LL etc

Offline Profile