Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:20 am

Post subject: Bone Necro questions. (MP)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:20 pm 

OK, so I've come across a little flaw in generating my first bone necromancer "nb_Calbruc" and I need a few pointers.

1. Should I get minions? If so, when and what kind?
2. Should I get bone armor? Is that even viable?
3. What would be the typical stat layout for an early-game build? Is some STR needed at this point? Do I need to avoid building up DEX?

Discuss:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Bone Necro questions. (MP)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:50 pm 

NewBastige wrote:
OK, so I've come across a little flaw in generating my first bone necromancer "nb_Calbruc" and I need a few pointers.

3. What would be the typical stat layout for an early-game build? Is some STR needed at this point? Do I need to avoid building up DEX?

Discuss:

1. Its always great to have 1 into each summon skill. They take hits for you. Necros seem to be hit/tele chars.
2. I put 1 into bone armor on my psn nec. If you use marrow walks there is a glitch that gives u +23 synergy bonus or so. Not quite sure how it works but it does.
3. I try to use as least str as possible. Dex helps for max block, certainly more handy than str is.

Any idea what your end game gear will be like? Its a good idea to plan your stats based on your end game setup.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:58 am 

If I were to really make Bonemancer it would be as followed:

Max Teeth
Max Bones Spear
Max Bone Spirit
Max Golem Mastery or Spirit Blade, I'd prefer Golems.
1 point in Curses up to Lower Resist
1 point in all Golems, skellies if you wish.

Str is however much you're comfortable. Plan your end-game gear and place strength around that. If you're softcore, it doesn't matter too much. Dexterity is meh, I wouldn't put more than 15 in it. You can get block from amethysts and emeralds if you really want block.

Make sure to use Golems and Amplify Damage. The biggest problem with most Bone Necros are being retarded. They try to act like sorceress. You're not. You're still a support character, and if you don't cast Amp or LR you're an idiot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:15 am 

More than likely if I want any end-game gear I will have to try hunting down for it because I don't have any right now :( And as far as curses go, I am planning on being able to use Decrepify.

(to Abominae) Golems seem to be the better move because the blades always seem to break up when I have gone the solo way. I'm planning a different strategy and it seems to be the way to go. I didn't know having more than 1 in a golem is a waste though. Thanks for pointing that out.

(to Cory) If at least I might tweak the STR slowly towards 80 then stop. I won't be touching DEX because if at all the necro items don't require DEX. I can't conform to the Marrowwalk bit because I don't have it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:56 pm 

NewBastige wrote:

Discuss:

1. Golems, as you need something to takes some hits. I perfer Iron and Blood, Iron cause it's powerful, and blood as it keeps both of you alive.
2. One point is all you need in it, like others have said, marrowwalks will help (turns that 200 life Bone armor into a 2k life bone armor), don't forget it also boosts your defence among other things.
3. I usually have 0 dex, as you should never be in blocking range. Str only when you need it, rest from equip and charms. All in Vita. Mana is a bitch at times, get some caster items, and craft caster gloves. Those will go a long way.

Offline Profile