Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:06 pm

Post subject: Fury Druid: Last Max Option?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:01 pm 

What should i max? lvl 65 and i based myself as Fury/Lycan/Oak.

The last options are Maul and Grizzly i think.

some people have told me that they'd rather have a 24k life meat shield than maul which doesn't make THAT MUCH of a difference in the end. Since I have not personally befriended any ultra high level Fury Druids, I have come to the forums.

Questions:

1: What should i max other than Oak/Lycan/Fury?
2: End-Game gear? I don't really know what it is.
3: Merc? A3 Slow + Ice weap? A1? Another Tank?

I think that's it for now, since my questions are quite vague.

Thanks guys

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Fury Druid: Last Max Option?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:27 pm 

saypawn wrote:
What should i max? lvl 65 and i based myself as Fury/Lycan/Oak.

The last options are Maul and Grizzly i think.

some people have told me that they'd rather have a 24k life meat shield than maul which doesn't make THAT MUCH of a difference in the end. Since I have not personally befriended any ultra high level Fury Druids, I have come to the forums.

Questions:

1: What should i max other than Oak/Lycan/Fury?
2: End-Game gear? I don't really know what it is.
3: Merc? A3 Slow + Ice weap? A1? Another Tank?

I think that's it for now, since my questions are quite vague.

Thanks guys

I did Fury, Feral, Oak, Lycan, Werewolf. I don't care for the whole maul charge thing. I figure the time you spend charging could be used hitting with Fury.

I'm using the following gear

Etombreaver zod 2x uber amethyst (3 frame fury and killer damage. Not to mention deadly strike and all res)
Tyraels (still need to get 4x ber for it to have around 80% dr. 50% is cap but you have amp on you a lot which does -80% dr)
Ravenlore 3x uber rubies (killer res skills stats and 3os)
Steelrends (great damage boost)
WSG (just a great belt)
Gore Riders (awesome ds and gives some crushing
Metalgrid (saves points into SoB, gives +1 skills, nice defense and ar boost, and can get 60 all res)

as for rings, your ideal ring is +1 druid, 20+ str, 250+ life rings.

Works very well. I do 12-24k damage 3 frame and have 19,000 life. Alternatively, COA and war armor work good as well.

I used a1 fire merc but shes crap and I dont bother using her. I may rebuilt with an a1 physical merc using a holy armor so she ignores physical immune monsters. The ideal companion for a melee char (and most chars) is to kill immune monsters that you main char can't kill.

Also I might add. I used a 4x uber amethyst IK maul until about 98, which is when I got my etomb. It does quite well.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:32 pm 
Game Server Host

your grizzly wont be that great against the stuff that matters. Even a well maxed grizzly will suffer badly at the hands of major bosses. You also have a problem during boss fights if you are casting grizzly and your oak dies right after. You then have to wait for the cooldown until you can cast oak again, in that time the bear will be long gone and you will be in real trouble. Against trash 1 point in grizzly is plenty.

If you are playing on the realm I would personaly recomend HoW as a second spirit. Chances are you will be teamed with another druid from time to time and having the option of running a maxed HoW to go along with oak is always very very nice. It is also a nice skill to use for trash clearing and is good to run with an act 1 phys merc for farming. Against bosses you will want oak obviously but its nice to be able to pick another spirit pet if you feel like mixing things up.

Puting a brand bow on an act 1 merc to cast amp for you will make bosses alot easier if there is no nec around. (as long as she is alive at least)

Gear wise, Tyraels, eth tomb reaver (zod and 2 ether stones), blood craft gloves, nos coil or wsg, ravenlore, gores, metalgrid, blood craft rings. There are other options out there but that is a very nice setup.

Merc wise. a3 cold is pretty good for safety and can clear trash pretty well with decent equip. Act 1 phys is obviously another strong option or an act 2 might merc with brand javs.

Cory is failing to use charge up maul and that is lowering his overall dps against bosses by about 20%, you only need to hit once with maul every 6-7 seconds to deal an extra 5-6k a hit 7 times a second. He seems unable to grasp the benefits of that though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:51 pm 

is that 5-6k dmg with a 1pt maul or a 20pt maul? and i got 1 pt in wolves/sob. cause sob is a dam lifesaver. Curse immune saves lives.

hmm endgear seems right.

and crafting has always been expensive for me. can you show me an example of good blood rings/gloves?

thanks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:53 pm 

a good blood craft ring for a big shifter like yours will have something like more than 150 life, some extra str or dext, or a +1druid skill as well. a really really good ring:

200+life
20+strength
10+dext
possible +1 druid

thats a real good ring

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:33 pm 
Game Server Host

thats 1 point invested and about 8-10 attacks to fully charge then 1 attack every 6-7 secs to keep it active. Keep in mind thats with a very high damage weapon, you wont see returns like that till you get into mid/late hell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:51 pm 

I think I'd have to agree with Purerage. Maxing HoW sounds to be a good idea, as when teamed with a Druid you will probably have the weaker Oak (unless you're both SS of course). Rest of the points in WW or Maul, depending on your want for damage or AR.

Also, I'd suggest A1 physical merc. No real reason not to. You have summons that will keep her from getting raped too hard in trash, life buff or damage buff options for her and they make pretty good curse bitches whether you use Brand or Andariel's Visage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:44 pm 

just wondering if you guys have seen a fury with maul? I'm wondering about the dmg difference thats all. iill probably go HoW like u guys said. maybe split up the pts into different skills. i cant tell yet. i feel like ill be lvl 65 for a while so ive got time to think lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:19 pm 

saypawn wrote:
just wondering if you guys have seen a fury with maul? I'm wondering about the dmg difference thats all. iill probably go HoW like u guys said. maybe split up the pts into different skills. i cant tell yet. i feel like ill be lvl 65 for a while so ive got time to think lol.

Like purerage said it will boost your total damage by 10-20%. However the hits you spent charging it could have been used to be hitting with fury, which ends up making the damage about the same.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:22 pm 

Cory wrote:
saypawn wrote:

Like purerage said it will boost your total damage by 10-20%. However the hits you spent charging it could have been used to be hitting with fury, which ends up making the damage about the same.

...lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:24 pm 

WolfStar wrote:
Cory wrote:
saypawn wrote:

...lol.

Yeah your not stalking me. Just posting in every thread I post in. :D

Just because you agree with yourself doesn't make you right.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:36 pm 

Cory wrote:

Posting in three threads that you are posting in is not stalking.

Nowhere did I agree with myself.

Do you just randomly make stuff up to act elitist?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:58 pm 

WolfStar wrote:
Cory wrote:

Posting in three threads that you are posting in is not stalking.

Nowhere did I agree with myself.

Do you just randomly make stuff up to act elitist?

Whats the point of posting "lol..." then? To me it sounds like "your wrong and I'm right", with more of a smug attitude.

Must you guys start fights in ever thread you go in :/ gets old.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:04 pm 

Wanted to post these results of an experiment.

Quote:
TYRAELS + RAVENLORE

12-24k fury
7.8-16k feral

38k fury ar
29k feral ar

57,465 defense
17,550 life

90 all resists
60% dr
50% fhr

WAR + COA

12-24k fury
8.1-17k feral

35k fury ar
26k feral ar

69,784 defense
18,613 life

66 all resists
60% dr
66% fhr

Really close. I think I prefer the Ravenlore/Tyrael's setup because of some extra they give like 10% magic resists on the Tyrael's and the +30 str and dex given by Ravenlore. Ravenlore also gives 20% life leach.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:03 am 

!. Dont start Fights in my posts.
2. Thanks for the help.

i also like the ravenlore setup as well.

whats your endgame AR with max werewolf cory?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:04 am 
Game Server Host

Cory, stop double posting, its not allowed. You seem to be the cause of these arguments. There are very very few threads you have taken part in that havent became an argument. Move to the argument forum to argue, dont derail topics...

Sayspawn follow corys advice at your own peril. His knowledge of the game is terrible at best.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:15 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Cory, stop double posting, its not allowed. You seem to be the cause of these arguments. There are very very few threads you have taken part in that havent became an argument. Move to the argument forum to argue, dont derail topics...

Sayspawn follow corys advice at your own peril. His knowledge of the game is terrible at best.

Kinda have to lol at this post...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:53 pm 

Abominae wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

Indeed xD Gotta love trolls. Look at post count. hehe.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:55 pm 

saypawn wrote:
!. Dont start Fights in my posts.
2. Thanks for the help.

i also like the ravenlore setup as well.

whats your endgame AR with max werewolf cory?

Check my stats above a few posts up and you will see. Thats without charms. I don't really use charms at the moment since I mostly just MF with my wolf. Once I get to the point where I'd like to try hell sammy with him and LoS, I'll be looking for nice melee charms.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:19 am 

I normally max oak/lycan/fury/grizzly/fire wolves. Even with only 1 in werewolf, my ar is 30-40k around the lvl 90 mark. Everyone bashes summons, saying they're weak and the cooldown timer sux. W/E. Once u hit 95 and get lore/anni and your basic endgame gear, your summons will be lvl 40+. This makes anything ez. Sure You might not be able to spam grizzly, but its not a spirit blade for cryin out loud.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:02 am 

I plan on maxing:
Lycan
Fury
Feral
HoW
Maul

Rest in pre-reqs and Oak when I'm not playing with other druids.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 pm 
Game Server Host

Cory wrote:
Abominae wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

Indeed xD Gotta love trolls. Look at post count. hehe.

I've been posting here since the forum was opened and alot of my posts have been strategy/tactics related. Ie. helping people etc. Look at your post count, how long have you been here again? idiot

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:00 pm 

Cory took that post as I was defending him, that's unfortunate.

I posted that because while Cory may post stupid things, and troll, Pure-Rage enables it and definitely escalates it. It's a two way problem.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:42 pm 

Angel wrote:
I plan on maxing:
Lycan
Fury
Feral
HoW
Maul

well feral in the end only adds 200% ed to the attack. which in the end might add up to 4k? i dunno the deep skill mechanics so that was a random number, but either way id rather max oak and get over 10k life. i currently have around 7k life and im lvl 80 with no rubies. I like having a bit of balance, id rather oak+maul than HoW+Maul. Though you may have well over 35k dmg in the end, you life will make the difference in the later parts of hell and bosses in general.

I went Oak/Fury/Lycan. 15 in HoW and the rest i dunno yet. lemme tell you right now maul is a pain to charge up if you dont got the AR. be prepared.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:42 am 

saypawn wrote:
Angel wrote:
I plan on maxing:
Lycan
Fury
Feral
HoW
Maul

well feral in the end only adds 200% ed to the attack. which in the end might add up to 4k? i dunno the deep skill mechanics so that was a random number, but either way id rather max oak and get over 10k life. i currently have around 7k life and im lvl 80 with no rubies. I like having a bit of balance, id rather oak+maul than HoW+Maul. Though you may have well over 35k dmg in the end, you life will make the difference in the later parts of hell and bosses in general.

I went Oak/Fury/Lycan. 15 in HoW and the rest i dunno yet. lemme tell you right now maul is a pain to charge up if you dont got the AR. be prepared.

I play with a windy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:03 pm 
Game Server Host

Abominae wrote:
Cory took that post as I was defending him, that's unfortunate.

I posted that because while Cory may post stupid things, and troll, Pure-Rage enables it and definitely escalates it. It's a two way problem.

You are right on that part, sometimes I can't help but feed the flames. While it is comedy for me I can see how it would be annoying to other people and I am aware of that. Sometimes its hard to resist :lol:

It's usualy when people are making extremely misleading advice posts as the people they are supposedly "Helping" will just have a harder time of things and it can lead to the time they spend making a build having major flaws later into the game. Endgame advice is always easy to give. Theres not as many people who play a build through propperly so early/mid game options/strategys are often very wrong.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:23 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Endgame advice is always easy to give. Theres not as many people who play a build through propperly so early/mid game options/strategys are often very wrong.

On that note... I'm having AR problems. without Werewolf where does the bulk of my AR come from? AR/Max/Min dmg Charms are quite hard to find =/ found a 104 ar 15 mx dmg gc i think. i dont remember, but it added near 2k AR. is that my source? charms? i was hoping for it a bit more built in so i can save space for dex/res charms.

O yes and whats the max res for a gc. i found a 13 res all gc not too long ago. that 800% mf is paying off XD

EDIT: o yes and i'm wondering what armor i should be wearing at lvl 85. cause im wearing some bs right now lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:12 pm 

saypawn wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Endgame advice is always easy to give. Theres not as many people who play a build through propperly so early/mid game options/strategys are often very wrong.

On that note... I'm having AR problems. without Werewolf where does the bulk of my AR come from? AR/Max/Min dmg Charms are quite hard to find =/ found a 104 ar 15 mx dmg gc i think. i dont remember, but it added near 2k AR. is that my source? charms? i was hoping for it a bit more built in so i can save space for dex/res charms.

O yes and whats the max res for a gc. i found a 13 res all gc not too long ago. that 800% mf is paying off XD

EDIT: o yes and i'm wondering what armor i should be wearing at lvl 85. cause im wearing some bs right now lol.

charms like that wont be terribly hard to find. use even somewhat crappy max/ar/life charms until you can get better.

at 88, you should fill your weapon with uber amethysts. that will be a huge bulk of your AR. 4 of them (in a craft or rare) will add 1200 flat AR. with the wolf/fury bonuses, that should be a hefty amount, something around 10k-15k AR, depending on how high the two skills are. you also need all that weapon speed, since other sources of speed dont affect (well, very very minimally) shift attack speeds. whats your AR now? are you using amethysts in your weapon currently? of course you dont need to use a craft or rare, there are other options.

edit: just looked at the skills table. a level 25 fury, which should be easily attainable with maxing it and gear, gives 780% AR bonus. with end game gear and charms, lvl 30+ is possible. each level is another 30% AR according to the chart. so, if you see a lvl 30 fury possible in your future with end game gear, thats 930% AR. wolf gets 25% per level and starts at 50% at level 1, so assuming the same amount of +skills, were looking at 175% at level 6 or 300% at level 11 (+5 and +10 skills like i used for fury). Thats a total of 955% AR for +5 skills, or 1230% AR for +10 skills. This also isnt with any other boosts to AR% (like cerberus helm). Factor in the AR from your dext, your amethysts, and any other sources of AR (charms, other gear), and you should be hitting 30k AR easily. dont have the exact numbers with me, but i was playing a zealot on hell diablo with 26k AR and he was hitting hell D at around 88% or so.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:03 pm 

Very useful. Thanks for the tip. I am currently using Cranium Basher with a Ias jewel in there.

i got around 9k AR right now. I dont have any of the necessary endgame gear yet so.... yeah. im still lookin lol. i think i have an IK maul somewhere i can ether.

my measly 11k is worthless without the AR to at least hit.

I need more tips/advice. thx muleofal

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:19 am 
Game Server Host

switch the ias jewel for an uber amethyst if you are over 88. You are probs better with IK maul with ameths in it. The damage is decent with a seriously fast attack.

Offline Profile