Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:48 pm

Post subject: Viable Tank build for Barb or Pally
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:59 am 

I've been trying to make a tank for the game for a while now and cant seem to get the build right or maybe the gear base im looking for is wrong. I've been looking for LL on gear and pumping up Vit. So if someone could help I'd apprciate it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Viable Tank build for Barb or Pally
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:36 am 

theres alot of good strategy advice in the threads just look .

first of your right with getting alot of life on your char and leech , then next you got to look at your ar att rat , are you hitting stuff , you will want at least 85% chance to hit a boss , getting 95% is not that tough , use angelic ring and amulet if you cant get your ar maxed for bosses when its needed .

get around 10 - 3x% crushing blow.

theres 3 rings you need also , Dwarf star , ravenfrost and shock absorber , thats pretty standard to use for the sorbs they give vs elements , use them situational.

get 50% phys dmg reduce as a minimum , some like stacking it so amp wont affect them around 50% is plenty tho if your not getting amped .
whatever char you got try to check their fhr breakpoint and get a decent one, its usefull too .

charms you will want att rat + life or max dmg /ar life , get the highest you can and fill inventory with those... others have said alot in other threads try to read a bit.

and last but not least , if you solo , get a amp source ! wand with charges (buy in a1 at akara)
or atma amulet or something that casts on strike(craft or rare weapon or Brand Runeword ) .

what char are you running by the way?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Viable Tank build for Barb or Pally
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:19 pm 

Ive got a barb and a pally i was building the pally as a vengence pally and was thing of making the barb a WW barb

Offline Profile