Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:50 am

Post subject: Poizon questions.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:16 pm 

Now that we have three poison skills for the Amazon, synergies are doing very well for the nice build that I am currently developing - one that has already been laid out before by most of you - a poizon.

I do have some questions though that I haven't seen answered yet related to the type of build.

1. Is it necessary to max all three skills? Should I try going for Valkrye while building this class?

2. I don't have moderate equipment yet. What would be considered a good javelin to look for and when?

3. I need to know if having some moderate IAS would be helpful should I choose to attack while the poison is in effect (by means of either up-close Jab or simply throwing)? And is throwing better than trying to fight close-up?

I asked this one particularily because I have had a rough time fighting Duriel, especially because of his Leap Attack and Frostbite attack (or whatever that cold attack is :P), so I just up and considered slamming away with whatever skill level Plague Javelin I had until he was dead.

4. Finally, should I strive for high block with this build? (Dumb question!) How much DEX would suffice until I find gear and charms to raise it?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Poizon questions.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:30 pm 

1. Yes ofc, max the three psn skills and valk+decoy in that order (The way I did it anyway).

2. Broken heart (lvl 30 javs), pestilence/titans at lvl 70 and then t-strokes.

3. You don't need any ias.

4. You won't need high block, life and damage is more important.

Mines lvl 97 (hc) and doing 200k+ plague over 8,6 sec atm. 3,500ish life before bo/oak.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:03 pm 

I'd max Decoy before Valk, if you want to max Valk at all.

The shorter timer and awsome tanking ability of Decoy makes it a too-strong tanking skill. Also, it's synergy with Valk makes a point into Decoy worth a little less than 0.5 points into Valk, so you're essentially raising both skills.

Adding extra points into Valk give it 20% extra HP over it's base (it also gains better gear, etc, but it's not like it's for anything but tanking, so whatever), while adding points into Decoy give Valk 10% HP over it's base.

In the end, you can have 1 of:
1) 20 point Decoy (1 mana cost, 3 times your life, your gear, 50 second duration, 5 second cool-down timer)
+Valk with 200% extra life, 10 second cool-down timer.

2) 1 point Decoy (19 mana cost, 5% more HP, 10 second duration)
+ Valk with 400% extra life (and better gear, etc)

Valk appears to have 1000 base life in Hell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:30 pm 

You don't have anything else to max really so.

And I prefer maxing valk first since the timer is so short on decoy. That makes the valk a bit sturdier and lasting longer and the decoy bases it's life of you unless I'm mistaken? The decoy will be sturdy enough to last the timer much of the time.

Edit: Brevan why are you listing the two options as final? You will have enough points to max them both.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:10 pm 

I'd go for Valk first. I maxed her with strategy and rest in decoy. May seems funny but she can tank moloch, can kill nm moloch and I have 50k def.
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1466/kkkum.jpg
Im still low on life and open sockets in shield and hat(need perf griff) Armor is T's might with 3x 5/6 or 6/6 psn facets.

Offline Profile